Hyper Zergling and I were texting one another around October of 2011 when I came up with this idea. Lightning had taken out the power in my house, so I had almost nothing to do except text him. I came up with various ridiculous statements to entertain myself at his expense. In one of my texts, I talked about how Ledas and Cuber would fuse into Cubas (I believe I also threw out the name Leder at one point, in jest) and then beat up on some baddies. Of course, Hyper Zergling was stunned. He didn't know whether or not I was joking. The statement could go either way - and let's face it, if he said I was joking and I wasn't, then it would damage our friendship greatly. So he had to play it cool.
Bear in mind that at the point of those texts, Hyper Zergling and I hadn't been collaborators before. Our universes weren't canon to one another. So this story had massive ramifications for our future stories. If we were to bridge our universes, then we'd have to keep in mind each others' timelines when creating future stories. So it was a big gamble, but being how bored I was by the power being out, I just went ahead and did it. I was fairly confident that regardless of the story idea, Hyper Zergling and I could make a good story.
Yuki was originally not supposed to be Chaiva's daughter, but through the absurdity that was already Cubas, I had to continue it through the texting. Hyper Zergling bought that idea as legitimate (it really wasn't) and then named her Yuki. I remember that I was always disappointed by her name because it wasn't a pun. Sure Cooler and Cold aren't puns, but Frieza was and Frieza has one of the cooler (!!!) names in the Dragon Ball series. So that was a bit of a missed opportunity.
I don't remember a whole lot about the writing process (and neither does Hyper Zergling, even after extended questioning before doing this commentary). Basically, Hyper Zergling would write the original draft of many stories, which usually ended up as about half of the chapter. I would then come in and clean up dialogue and finish writing the second half of the chapter. This wasn't true for all chapters. Sometimes we switched the roles. Hyper Zergling was a good writer of fight scenes and I was good at writing dialogue and exposition, so most of the dialogue was written by me, and much of the fighting was written by him. Of course, there was plenty of writing that I wrote as well, and lots of dialogue that he wrote, but we definitely had our specialties for this single story. I remember plenty of nights where I was at school around 9pm in the library working on second drafts of various chapters that HZ had sent me over instant message. Those were good times for me - though HZ has remarked that he was chiefly embarrassed by some of the dialogue he wrote that I had to change to make better. Regardless, the two of us probably spent 3-4 hours per chapter. I can't say exactly how much time HZ spent on his side, but that seems about right. Even though this was a collaboration, we didn't slack or not try because of the possible ridiculousness of Yuki and Cubas.
Cold Vengeance's name was, I believe, created by me. I honestly don't remember, though. The name has a rather simple meaning. Cold family = Yuki (daughter of Nitro, son of King Cold), and vengeance = Yuki getting vengeance for her father's death. So that was all pretty simple. Hyper Zergling and I basically did a 50/50 split on coming up with the chapter names. As can be seen, almost all of the ones that Hyper Zergling came up with referenced Halo in some way. Additionally, since the two of us did extended planning and deliberating on the story (this was also done so we could align our universes and remove any contradictions between the two), there was very little changed from the time the page was made until the story was completed (although we later removed the original theme song). Indeed, only two chapters were added from the first edit on the page and no chapters were re-named. Honestly, only one chapter was really added in later, because Bedtime was written before Cold Vengeance was, and it was always intended to be a part of the story.
Bedtime was the ultimate goal of Cold Vengeance. I won't deny that. I wanted Ledas to lose his virginity to a full-blooded Saiyan, and Chaiva was the only one I could think of using (I didn't want to make up a new female Saiyan just for that). There were no other (good) writers with fanon female Saiyans, so that was a big draw to Hyper Zergling. That is no slight to HZ's writing abilities, however. He was still a good writer, and aside from him possessing Chaiva, he was probably the best collaborator I could have had on the site. That said, the main thing to be gained from this story is Bedtime. Hyper Zergling has fapped to it countless times, as have many of the readers. So that's pretty darn cool. I am a proud writer yeah!
Conflict Of Interest
<INSIDE CUBER AND CHAIVA’S RESIDENCE>
<THE CAMERA MOVES ACROSS A GOLDEN WALL; TWO VOICES ARE HEARD, A WOMAN’S, AND A MAN’S; AT THIS TIME, WE CAN SEE WHO THEY ARE; THE RESIDENTS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED>
Chaiva: And where are you going?
Cuber: What do you mean?
<THE CAMERA NOW SHOWS CHAIVA AND CUBER, FACING EACH OTHER; THEY ARE SEPARATED BY A TABLE; CUBER IS WALKING OUT, CHAIVA HAS HER HANDS DOWN ON THE TABLE WITH HER SHOULDERS THROWN FORWARD, HER FACE LIVENED UP INTO NEAR-PAINED SNEER>
Chaiva: I asked you a question, Cuber.
Cuber: <SIGHS> I’m going out to train. What else could I be doing?
Chaiva: <CLEARLY ANGRY> Again?
Cuber: You know I’m out every noon. It’s part of the routine. I don’t know why you’re asking me about that.
Chaiva: You’re always out! We never see each other anymore.
Cuber: So what? Training’s important.
Chaiva: You know, now that we’re together, I thought we were going to actually spend some time together. You are never interested in me! Not since that night–
Cuber: <FACEPALM> Oh, you can’t be serious. I didn’t think you were this soft, Chaiva.
<BOTH STOP TALKING FOR A FEW SECONDS>
Chaiva: <QUIETLY> Soft?!
Cuber: We’re Saiyans. What do you expect?
Chaiva: <SCREAMING> Get out!
<CHAIVA FIRES A MASSIVE YELLOW ENERGY SPHERE AT CUBER, BLASTING HIM THROUGH THE WALL AND OUT OF THE STRUCTURE>
<OUTSIDE, CUBER FALLS DOWN, CRASHING INTO A DITCH; HE RUBS HIS EYE AS HE TRIES TO STAND BACK UP; HE IS NOT TOO DAMAGED; CHAIVA’S BLAST WAS MERELY AN ANGRY OUTBURST, NOT SOMETHING MEANT TO HURT HIM TOO MUCH>
Cuber: <OUT LOUD, TO HIMSELF, RUBBING HIS SHOULDER> Bitch! What the hell’s her problem? <CUBER STARTS WALKING OFF, AWAY FROM HIS NOW SMOLDERING HOUSE; HE DOES NOT SAY GOODBYE TO CHAIVA> Fine, if she wants to act like that, I’m not staying around.
<CUBER IS ONLY IN HIS JUMPSUIT AS HE MAKES HIS WAY TO THE TRAINING AREA; HOWEVER, HE IS STILL QUITE MAD AT CHAIVA, SO INSTEAD OF GOING OUT TO TRAIN, HE HOOKS A RIGHT DOWN TO WHERE HE KEEPS HIS POD; AS HE IS WALKING, CUBER’S BRAIN-SCOUTER INTERFACE PICKS UP AN ENORMOUSLY HIGH POWER LEVEL FROM LIGHT YEARS AWAY>
Cuber: Twelve billion?
<CUBER’S THOUGHTS ARE INTERRUPTED BY A NEARBY PRESENCE BEHIND; CLOSE SHOT OF CUBER’S FACE, HE SQUINTS HIS EYES AND LOOKS AROUND BEHIND HIM; THAT CREATURE IS A MROVIAN, THE ILLUSTRIOUS QUOEYG; CUBER STOPS TO TALK TO HIM>
Quoeyg: <THROUGH MIND TALK> Cuber, are you going somewhere?
Cuber: <GRUFFLY> I don’t know.
Quoeyg: You and your mate were participating in quite a tirade. We could hear from the Fountain.
Cuber: It was all her. She’s been angry at me for no reason for months. I don’t know what to do. <HE PAUSES> She’s better blowing off steam alone.
Quoeyg: Are you sure?
Cuber: Yeah. I need a break from her too. I’ll just go train on some other planet.
<CUBER TURNS TO LEAVE WHEN QUOEYG STOPS HIM>
Quoeyg: If you are going now, Cuber, I must make a request.
Cuber: <COUNTERPOINT> Yeah?
Quoeyg: We have an outpost in the northern region. If you could stop by and see what is going on there, that would be most helpful.
Quoeyg: We have stopped receiving transmissions from them. We need to know what happened there.
Cuber: Can’t you just send your own ships there?
Quoeyg: We were going to, but it would be much faster for you to go there.
Cuber: Fine, I’ll do it.
Quoeyg: Very good.
<CUBER NODS TO HIM BEFORE WALKING OFF; HE SIGHS AGAIN>
<CUTS TO A DIFFERENT SCENE>
Voice: Tell me his name.
<THE SCREEN COMES INTO FOCUS; THERE IS A SMALL, SKULL-CHEEKED ANIMAL WITH LONG FANGED TEETH; HIS EARS COME OFF A POINTED BONY APPENDAGE; HE IS WEARING SIMPLE CLOTHES AND IS BLEEDING QUITE A BIT; HIS NECK IS RUNNING WITH PURPLE BLOOD; HIS SKIN COLOR IS A SKY BLUE ALL OVER, WITH DARKER SHADES AROUND THE EYES AND ALL ORIFICES>
<HOLDING HIM, IN ONE HAND, IS ANOTHER CREATURE; THIS ONE IS TALLER AND PALER; ITS SKIN IS WHITE WITH A SLIGHTLY PEACHY HUE; IT IS BIPEDAL, OBVIOUSLY OF THE SAME RACE AS FRIEZA, BUT ALSO DIFFERENT; ITS EYES ARE STRUCTURELESS, MERELY AS SIDEWAYS SLITS; ON THE TOP OF ITS HEAD IS A PLUME OF HAIR THAT IS BLACK; IT SPIKES UP AND OVER THE HEAD, DOWN THE BACK; THE LENGTH HITS TO ABOUT THE BASE OF ITS TAIL; THE TAIL IS JUST LIKE FRIEZA’S; THE ENTIRE BODY IS VERY STREAMLINED AND CURVED, WHILE MAINTAINING A LEVEL OF MUSCLE MASS WHICH APPEARS MORE REFINED AND BUILT THAN MOST CREATURES; THE CREATURE HAS BREASTS TOO; IT IS FEMALE>
Voice: I asked you a question.
<THE FEMALE CREATURE DIGS HER FINGERNAILS FURTHER INTO THE HELPLESS ALIEN IN HER HANDS; HE BLEEDS MORE>
Alien: I-I don’t know what you’re talking about!
Voice: My father fought him here. My father’s records would not lie. <SHE SQUEEZES HIS NECK MORE> I’m sure you wouldn’t, either.
Alien: I wouldn’t! I don’t know what a Saiyan is. You can’t expect me to.
Voice: <SNEERING> Do you have any idea who I am? My father Nitro was the ruler of the universe! Your foul planet means nothing to me. Your life is inconsequential! <SHE THROWS THE ALIEN ONTO THE GROUND> Don’t test my patience.
Alien: I didn’t mean–
<THE FEMALE ALIEN FLEXES HER HANDS AND SENDS OUT A WEB OF PURPLE BLASTS, WHICH OBSCURE THE SCREEN FOR A MOMENT; THEY NOT ONLY DESTROY THE ALIEN SHE HAD IN FRONT OF HER, BUT WRECK THE LAND ABOUT; WHEN THE DUST SETTLES, HER FIGURE IS UNMOVED; THE LANDSCAPE IS MADE BARREN, THE TREES, GRASS, WATER, LUSHNESS, ALL DESTROYED IN PLACE OF CRACKED AND SMOKING ASH>
<THE FEMALE ALIEN LOWERS HER ARMS>
<A SOLDIER COMES UP FROM BEHIND HER; IT IS WEARING THE STANDARD PLANET TRADE ORGANIZATION ARMOR; PURPLE ON BLACK>
Kirka: Lady Yuki, shall we move on?
Yuki: Put all fleets on standby.
Kirka: Yes, my lady.
<KIRKA IS A SMALL DARK CREATURE; HE LOOKS LIKE AN IMP; HE IS VERY SERVILE>
<YUKI RETURNS TO HER SHIP, WHICH IS IN ORBIT OVER A BURNING PLANET; BEHIND HER SHIP IS A FLEET OF ALL HER OTHER SHIPS>
<THERE ARE DOZENS OF SHIPS HOLDING TENS OF THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS>
<YUKI PACES; BEHIND HER ARE OTHER SOLDIERS, WORKING THE SHIP; SHE IS IN THE CONTROL ROOM>
<KIRKA IS HER MAIN ASSISTANT; SHE HAS ONE OTHER, NARO>
<NARO IS A MEDIUM SIZED CREATURE WITH A BIPEDAL, HUMANOID BODY, AND A SWIFT SHRIEKER’S FACE; HE IS AN ORANGE CREATURE WITH BLUE EYES; HIS ARMOR IS GREY ON RED>
<YUKI SETTLES DOWN IN HER CHAIR; SHE LOOKS OVER HER BATTLE SCREEN, WATCHING AS HER FLEETS SPREAD OUT OVER PLANETS AND BEGIN CONSUMING THEM>
Yuki: Did father ever speak of his name?
Kirka: I never knew it. I doubt he did either, my lady.
Yuki: He must be within the region. Turn the long range scouters on. His level will be far above any other’s.
Naro: <IN THE BACKGROUND> Done.
Yuki: He’ll be on one of these… I’ll flush out that stinking monkey myself.
<YUKI PAUSES, AND ULTIMATELY STOPS HER THOUGHT AS SHE WATCHES HER COMPLETE ARMIES PILLAGING AND PURGING THROUGH EACH PLANET WITHIN NITRO’S TERRITORY; SHE SETTLES DOWN INTO UNBLINKING WATCHING OF THAT, WITH ONE EYE TRAINED ON THE SCREEN THAT SHOWED THE LONG RANGE POWER LEVELS FOR EACH PLANET BEING ATTACKED>
- This chapter was named by Hyper Zergling.
- This story is colored goldish-yellow because Hyper Zergling didn't want to use a color that I had already used in The Forgotten. That left very few usable colors, so we settled on this. However, it was Hyper Zergling who picked the color (I just agreed with him), so I must give him full credit for it.
- This is easily my least favorite chapter for the simple reason that I had very little involvement in it. An astute reader will notice that not even one character in this chapter is wholly mine.
- I've always viewed Cuber as Hyper Zergling. His dialogue seems quite similar to HZ's. Particularly when Chaiva is yelling at him, the way he reacts is in line with Hyper Zergling's personality.
- Chaiva is so mad in the first chapter because she is pregnant and thus hormonal.
- Quoeyg is such a random character to me. Perhaps it's because as of the time of writing CV (and even this commentary, by gum), Hyper Zergling hasn't written his own story to the point of Quoeyg's introduction. That was always a weakness with CV - HZ's side of the story wasn't written. We all know Ledas' story. Pretty much everyone has read Dragon Ball Z: The Forgotten. But The Mrovian Series hadn't been written yet. So I always felt trepidation at the fact that readers wouldn't know Chaiva, Cuber, or even Quoeyg, and thus couldn't care or connect with them. Especially since all of the characters are introduced in a way that implies we have already seen them somewhere else, the first chapter seems very random.
- Cuber wants to train on other planets because he doesn't want to risk blowing up Mrov. He's very powerful.
- My main writing contribution of this chapter is the second part with Yuki. I remember being at school when writing that part. I had a very clear image of what the alien who Yuki kills looked like. It's one of those things that would translate better in the manga version (which we do hope will happen eventually).
- I don't remember who came up with Kirka and Naro, though I do remember naming Naro myself. They were always intended to be soldiers to be killed by Ledas in later chapters.
- The differing writing styles of HZ and me can be seen in this first chapter. Whereas HZ introduces his characters rather abruptly and goes about moving the plot forward, I take time to properly introduce Yuki and her minions in an effort to build up their reputation and fear (with the readers) as time would wear on. After all, if not done, no one would care about Yuki, nor see her as a monster. I did this deliberately, as I already knew that there would be some hard parts with HZ's characters not being known.
- Because HZ didn't write his own story yet - CV is essentially the third or fourth saga in his epic - this made Yuki's motives difficult to discuss. She is trying to get vengeance on Cuber for him killing her father, Nitro. Again, only HZ's timeline even says this, so for some readers, this can be difficult to understand. I think that the main problem with CV is this fact. Had HZ already written his first few sagas before we did CV, everything would have made sense to more readers. Still, it made sense to us, and any writer should write for himself before anyone else.
- Yuki's search for Cuber mimics Vegeta's search for Goku during the Garlic Jr. Saga in Dragon Ball Z.
Empire Of Dirt
<CAMERA IS ON YUKI, WHO IS STILL GLARING AT THE HER SCREEN FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER>
<AS EXPECTED, HER SCREEN SUDDENLY BEEPS, SHOWING HER THAT THE LONG RANGED SCOUTERS DETECTED A HIGH POWER LEVEL OF 22.2 MILLION TRAVELING AT AN INCREDIBLE SPEED; THE SCREEN THEN SHOWS THE SOURCE OF THE POWER, A SPACE POD, AND THEN SIMULATES THE TRAJECTORY AND ESTIMATED DESTINATION OF THE POD>
<YUKI TAPS HER ARM COMMAND>
Yuki: Naro, I’ve found him. Send all forces to this location.
Naro: <FROM BEHIND> They’ll be there.
<SHE SETS A BEACON ON THE PLANET WHERE THE POD IS SET TO COME TO; YUKI SMILES>
<IN A FROZEN WASTELAND>
<THE CAMERA SLIDES ACROSS THE SNOW AND SLOWS DOWN AS IT PASSES A SPACE POD; THE CAMERA STOPS SLIDING WHEN A CHILD IN A RED HOODIE AND JEANS IS SEEN; HE IS SHIVERING FROM THE COLDNESS AROUND HIM>
<THE BOY IS SITTING IN THE SNOW, HIS KNEES SPLAYED OUTWARD; IN FRONT OF HIM IS A SMALL DEVICE, SQUARISH AND TALL; IT IS BLACK, WITH SILVER; ABOUT TWO FEET TALL; HE IS STARING AT IT>
Ledas: It’s just me and you again. I didn’t want to bring you… but Ryori was mad at me anyway, I guess. It’s better this way. He’d accidentally open you up or something. <THERE IS NO RESPONSE> I wonder what you’re doing in there.
<THE CAMERA COMES AROUND AND SHOWS A SHOT FROM RIGHT AT THE DEVICE, LOOKING UP INTO THE BOY’S EYES; HE IS STARING WITH A HUGE LOOK AT THE THING>
<LEDAS STANDS UP; HE CREATES A SMALL YELLOW ENERGY BEAM WHICH HE SHOOTS AS A CONTINUOUS BLAST AROUND HIM AND THE MIND PRISON, MELTING THE SNOW OUT OF THE WAY>
<HOWEVER, AS HE DOES THIS, A GREAT RUMBLING OCCURS AND LEDAS STUMBLES OVER AND FALLS BACKWARD INTO THE SNOW; BEFORE HE CAN GET UP, A DARK SHAPE SPRINGS UP FROM RIGHT UNDER THE MIND PRISON AND SENDS IT FLYING DOWN THE SLOPE>
<LEDAS JUMPS UP IN A HANDS FREE FLIP; HE LOOKS TOWARD WHAT THIS NEW SIGHT IS; AS LEDAS CAN SEE, IT IS A BEHEMOTH; A HUGE ARMORED INSECT LIKE ANIMAL, BLACK AND BROWN; IT STARES DOWN AT LEDAS WITH ITS MANY EYES, AND REACHES FORWARD WITH ITS MANY ARMS>
<IT LUNGES AT HIM, BITING HIS ARM AND KNOCKING HIM INTO THE SNOW; BEFORE THE INSECT CAN BITE AGAIN, THE CHILD KICKS UPWARD AND BREAKS FREE>
<LEDAS LANDS, AND WITHOUT A BEAT CREATES A NEW ENERGY BLAST IN EACH HAND; HE AIMS HIS HANDS UPWARD AND SHOOTS THE BLASTS AT THE CREATURE; THE TWO ORANGE BEAMS OF ENERGY LAND ONTO THE CREATURE AND BEGIN DESTROYING IT; WITHIN A FEW SECONDS, THE BURNING ATTACK HAS BURNED THROUGH THE INSECT’S ARMOR AND INCINERATES IT FULLY; HOWEVER, BEFORE LEDAS CAN EVEN LOWER HIS ARMS, MORE INSECTS POUR OUT FROM THE HOLE LEDAS MADE>
<THESE ONES ARE SMALLER, ONLY ABOUT HALF HIS HEIGHT; THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM>
<THE SWARM CHARGES AT HIM; LEDAS LOCKS HIMSELF DOWN AND DROPS TO A KNEE; HE YELLS OUT AND SHOOTS THEM ALL WITH HIS BURNING ATTACK AGAIN, WHICH ENVELOPS OVER ALL THE CREATURES>
<AS THE OTHERS COME FROM OTHER SIDES, LEDAS TURNS AND SHOOTS TWO SWEEPING ARCS OF THE ATTACK BEHIND HIS BACK TO HIS SIDES, WITHOUT TURNING; HUGE WALLS OF FIRE SHOOT UP BEHIND HIM, AS EVERYTHING IS DESTROYED>
<WITH THAT, THE CREATURES ARE ALL KILLED; LEDAS LOOKS AROUND FOR ANY MORE, BUT THERE ARE NONE>
<EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO MORE SNOW AROUND HIM, LEDAS GOES BACK TO SHIVERING; BUT THEN, HE TENSES UP EVEN FURTHER WHEN HE FEELS SOMETHING>
Ledas: Who’s there?
<LEDAS REALIZES THAT THE POWER IS COMING FROM SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY; BUT THEN, HE FEELS ANOTHER, STRONGER POWER HEADED TOWARDS THE DIRECTION OF THE FIRST POWER>
<THE CAMERA IS FROM BELOW AND BEHIND ON THE GROUND, LOOKING UP TO LEDAS>
Ledas: Wow, those are some big powers. I bet they’re gonna fight. <CURIOUS AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON, HE CLIMBS INTO HIS SPACE POD AND TAKES OFF> I wanna see this. <THE CAMERA DOES NOT FOLLOW THE SPACE POD AND STAYS ON THE FROZEN GROUND; IT MOVES DOWN THE HILL, DOWN INTO THE SNOW; IT ZOOMS ONTO A SMALL OBJECT, WHICH TURNS OUT TO BE THE FORGOTTEN MIND PRISON, HALF BURIED AND UPSIDE DOWN>
<CUTS BACK TO YUKI; SHE HAS HER SAUCER-LIKE SPACE SHIP ALREADY ON THE GROUND BEHIND HER; SHE IS STANDING ON THE SOIL; THE PLANET IS MOUNTAINOUS AND DRY, CRAGGY AND BROKEN; THE SKY IS RED AND ORANGE AND THERE IS SILENCE>
<YUKI WALKS FORWARD AS HER OTHER SHIPS BEGIN LANDING BEHIND HER>
<YUKI APPROACHES HER TWO COMMANDERS, NARO AND KIRKA>
<KIRKA IS KNEELING OVER A ROCK OVERLOOK; NARO IS STANDING NEXT TO HIM; THE TWO OF THEM ARE LOOKING DOWN ON SOMETHING; DOWN THE CLIFF IS A SMALL ARRAY, FILLED WITH SEVERAL BUILDINGS AND A TOWER, BUILT INTO THE FAR MOUNTAIN>
<THE ENTIRE COMPLEX IS DESTROYED AND FILLED WITH MELTED METAL, LONG SINCE BURNED OUT; SEVERAL GROUPS OF YUKI’S SOLDIERS ARE ALREADY DOWN THERE, OBVIOUSLY HAVING ALREADY DESTROYED THIS PLANET’S OUTPOST>
- I came up with this chapter's name. It is a reference to "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails. The song (the cover by Johnny Cash) is even in The Forgotten, and is Guva's theme too. The name is referencing the fact that Ledas is alone on the ice planet and that Yuki has taken over Typhon. Both planets have nothing on them of much worth, and in Yuki's case, she isn't maintaining the same empire that her father did. So her empire is dirt in comparison to his. Likewise, Ledas' empire is in ruin from the end of TF, where he ended on such a high note. And now he's not even on Earth.
- The use of long-range scouters comes from the anime, where a group of Frieza's soldiers were shown to be watching Frieza and Goku battle on Namek by means of long-range scouters. It worked well here.
- Despite Niflheim being a planet that is chiefly in Ledas' part of the story, Hyper Zergling originally named it. Some time after the completion of CV, I was talking to Hyper Zergling about the name, and he said that it was an exact copy of a planet from StarCraft. He had used Braxis because he thought the makers of StarCraft had gotten the name from some sort of mythology. But he eventually figured out that they created the name up themselves, so we could no longer use it. Hyper Zergling wanted to rename it after a place in Norse mythology. At first, he suggested Jotunheim, but I offered up Niflheim (as I know a bit of Norse creation myth myself), and we went with that.
- Chapter 2 offers some nice character development for Ledas post-TF. It shows how isolated he's becoming. Even in the new TF, where I re-wrote much of the latter sagas, this section still holds up, and I doubt I will change it.
- The mind prison that Ledas is carrying with him houses The Benefactor.
- The attack that Ledas uses against the bugs is a new attack for the story. He never used in in The Forgotten.
- I love the parallel of Cuber sensing the powers on Earth and Ledas sensing Cuber's power.
- Ledas happens upon Cuber just by chance. He's roaming the galaxy (because he's got the adventurer's blood, yo) and he senses two big powers. Being a Saiyan, he loves fights, so that's why he goes to see it. It makes a lot of sense for both his personality and for the plot, so I think that strengthens that particular plot point into being one of the more logical aspects of the story.
- Ledas forgets the mind prison, though it is barely mentioned. I assumed the readers would pick up on it, so I didn't mention it. I also felt like, since Ledas' side story with TB's prison is secondary, it didn't need to maintain narrative focus until Yuki was dealt with. So for readers who did pick up on it, it's a sort of "oh shit" moment which is probably forgotten by the time Ledas lands on Typhon.
- I wrote the description of the Mrovian outpost to imply that it was already destroyed before Yuki got there.
- Honestly, I believe I wrote almost all of this chapter. As chapter one mostly focused on HZ's characters, this one mostly focused on mine.
And The Horse You Rode In On
<AND THERE CAME A TIME, AT SUDDEN REPRISE THAT A SMALL OBJECT ENTERED INTO THE ATMOSPHERE; NAY, VERILY IT WAS A SPACE POD, AND IT HELD THE SLEEPING CUBER>
<THOUGH HE DREAMT OF MANY A THING, INTO HIS MIND DID NOT ENTER THE IDEA, THE SIMPLE POSSIBILITY THAT THERE COULD BE REAL, ACTUAL DANGER AWAITING HIM ON THIS VACATION PLANET OF HIS>
<CUBER’S POD TOUCHES DOWN QUICKLY; THERE IS NOTHING AROUND HIM, SAVE FOR THE BROKEN AND CRAGGY STEPPES OF THE OVERLOOK WHICH HE LANDED ON; CUBER GETS OUT AND LOOKS AROUND; HE SEES THE SUN SETTING IN A BRILLIANT STREAK OF ORANGE AND PURPLE ACROSS THE FAR SKY>
<HOWEVER, CUBER PICKS UP SEVERAL HIGH POWER LEVELS, AND IMMEDIATELY SNAPS INTO A SERIOUS MOOD; REALIZING THAT MROVIANS, EVEN IN THEIR BATTLE SUITS, ARE BARELY A FRACTION OF THE POWERS HE IS SENSING, HE ASSUMES THE WORST; HE DROPS OFF THE BUTTE AND FALLS INTO A LOW FLY; HE CONCEALS HIS POWER LEVEL AS HE GOES>
<CUBER FLIES TO THE MASS OF POWER LEVELS HE FEELS; THEY DO NOT PICK UP ON HIM; HE FINDS THEM, AS EXPECTED, AROUND THE MROVIAN OUTPOST; THEY ARE PLANET TRADE ORGANIZATION SOLDIERS; EVERY ONE OF THEM WEARS THE STANDARD ARMOR; THEIR COLORS VARY>
<CUBER LANDS AND CROUCHES DOWN; HE SNEAKS UP FORWARD, GETTING CLOSER TO THE SOLDIERS; HE DOES NOT WANT TO IMMEDIATELY KILL THEM FOR THEY COULD HAVE MROVIAN PRISONERS, AND HE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING; THEY COULD BE FRIENDS!>
<BELOW, NARO AND KIRKA ARE ORDERING THEIR PLATOONS INTO THE COMPLEX, AND INTO THE CAVE THAT THE BUILDING IS BUILT INTO; INDEED, THE MROVIAN RESEARCH CENTER IS PROTRUDING RIGHT OUT FROM THE CAVE SIDE>
<AS THEY ARE GOING BACK AND FORTH, CUBER SEES THAT NONE OF THEM ARE IN A HURRIED MODE, AND NONE OF THEM APPEAR INJURED; HE CANNOT SEE ANY BODIES ANYWHERE, NOR ANY CRATERS OUTSIDE THE COMPLEX; HOWEVER, THE BUILDING ITSELF LOOKS LIKE IT BLEW UP A LONG, LONG TIME AGO; ITS METAL IS TWISTED AND BURNED, STREAKS OF ASH COAT THE SIDES; THE DOORS AND WINDOWS ARE DEACTIVATED; THE ROOF IS PARTIALLY CAVED IN, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE BUILDING HAD BEEN ON FIRE; BUT NOT RECENTLY>
<CUBER DOES NOT THINK THAT THE PLANET TRADE ORGANIZATION COULD HAVE POSSIBLY DONE THIS>
<AS HE GETS TO THE ROCKS, A GROUP OF SHARP BROWN ONES THAT JUT OUT RIGHT OVER THE HILL LOOKING DOWN INTO THE COMPLEX, CUBER HEARS A NOISE; HE STIFFENS UP, AND WHEELS AROUND>
Yuki: <WALKS OUT FROM BEHIND THE ROCK, HER TAIL UPRIGHT BEHIND HER; THE FIRES BURNING BRIGHTLY TO SILHOUETTE HER FIGURE> Looking for something, Saiyan?
Cuber: <TURNS AROUND> What?
Yuki: I’d imagine you to be quicker, after what you did to my father. Perhaps wit does not accompany brawn.
Cuber: Your father?
Yuki: <THROUGH GRITTED TEETH; SHE JUMPS DOWN AND LANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF CUBER> Lord Nitro.
Cuber: So you’re his daughter?!
Yuki: That’s right, <SHE WALKS RIGHT UP TO HIM AND SLAPS HIM ACROSS THE FACE, BARING HER TEETH AND BREATHING HIM DOWN> worm!
<CUBER GETS UP; FEELING HOW STRONG YUKI IS, AND EXPECTING HER TO WANT TO KILL HIM (BECAUSE HE, OF COURSE, ALREADY MURDERED HER FATHER), HE TRIES TO POWER UP RIGHT AWAY; YUKI STANDS BACK AND LETS HIM; SHE SEEMS NOT THE LEAST BIT CONCERNED; WITHIN SECONDS, CUBER’S HAIR TURNS A LIGHT SHADE OF GOLD, HIS MUSCLES EXPAND SLIGHTLY, AND HIS AURA FLAILS UPWARDS IN A SMOOTH FLAME; HIS POWER NOW DRASTICALLY ENHANCED, HE FEELS FOR HIMSELF THAT HE IS THE STRONGER ONE>
Cuber: Don’t make the same mistake your father did.
Yuki: <SEES HIM GO SUPER SAIYAN; SCOFFING> That is your secret? Don’t make me laugh. <SHE FLEXES HER NECK SIDEWAYS AND READS HIS POWER LEVEL WITH HER SCOUTER> You’re nothing.
<YUKI LIGHTS HER AURA SLIGHTLY, WHICH IS ULTRAMARINE, POWERING UP JUST ABOVE CUBER’S FORM; HE DOESN’T NOTICE IT IN TIME BEFORE HE ATTACKS>
<CUBER STARTS OFF FIRING A RED FINGER BEAM BARRAGE, TO WHICH YUKI RESPONDS WITH TELEPORT-DODGING EACH BEAM AS SHE GRADUALLY APPROACHES CUBER; WHEN SHE STOPS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, HE THROWS AN OVERHEAD TWO-ARM CHOP; LIKE WITH THE FINGER BEAMS, SHE TELEPORT-DODGES TO HER RIGHT, AND THEN PUNCHES CUBER IN THE CHEEK; YUKI DID NOT PUT MUCH POWER INTO THE PUNCH, CAUSING CUBER TO RECOIL ONLY SLIGHTLY; CUBER ATTACKS AGAIN, THIS TIME WITH A RUNNING FLASHKICK, WHICH CONNECTS WITH YUKI’S CHIN, SHATTERING HER SCOUTER AND PROPELLING HER UPWARDS; HE FOLLOWS HER INTO THE SKY AND PREPARES TO DELIVER A CHOP; YUKI, HOWEVER, LEAVES AN AFTERIMAGE AND APPEARS BEHIND CUBER; SHE RAISES HER HANDS WITH INTERLOCKED FINGERS, AND THEN CLUBS DOWNWARDS ON CUBER’S HEAD, SLAMMING HIM BACK INTO THE GROUND, CREATING A MASSIVE CRATER>
<CUBER WASTES NO TIME FLYING OUT OF THE GROUND AND STRAIGHT FOR YUKI, WHO ONLY SMIRKS WITH CONFIDENCE; WHEN CUBER REACHES HIS TARGET, HE FLIPS FORWARD AND SMACKS HER WITH HIS TAIL AND IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWS UP WITH AN AXE KICK THAT CONNECTS WITH HER ABDOMEN, CAUSING HER TO BEND OVER SLIGHTLY; CUBER THEN THROWS ANOTHER CHOP LIKE THE ONE EARLIER, WHICH YUKI BLOCKS, HAVING ALREADY RECOVERED; SHE RESPONDS WITH A KICK INTO THE RIGHT SIDE OF CUBER’S CHEST, AND THEN TELEPORTS BEHIND HIM, FACING AWAY, DELIVERING A BACKWARDS ELBOW INTO HIS SPINE; FIGHTING THE PAIN, CUBER THROWS A BACK KICK, BUT YUKI CATCHES HIS LEG WITH HER LEFT HAND; SHE PULLS THE SAIYAN TOWARDS HERSELF WITH HER RIGHT FIST OUTSTRETCHED; WHEN YUKI’S FIST CONNECTS WITH THE RIGHT SIDE OF CUBER’S FACE, SHE RELEASES HIS LEG, CAUSING HIM TO FLY STRAIGHT INTO A CLIFF-SIDE, OBLITERATING THE MASSIVE CHUNK OF THE PLATEAU>
<TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, YUKI CREATES A MASSIVE BALL OF KI, A PINK ONE NO LESS, AND THROWS IT AT THE PLATEAU’S REMAINS; BEFORE IT REACHES THE GROUND, IT SPLITS INTO MILLIONS OF SMALL BALLS AND RAINS DOWN ON THE AREA, INCINERATING EVERY PIECE OF ROCK AND FOLIAGE AROUND, WITHOUT CREATING A HUGE CRATER AND DUST CLOUD; CUBER BLOCKS THE ATTACK, BUT DOES NOT GET UP; HE IS BREATHING QUITE HARD>
Yuki: Get up, wretch. You think you can insult his memory by putting up such a weak show?
<CUBER FIRES A RED BEAM OUT OF HIS INDEX FINGER UP TO YUKI; SHE BATS IT AWAY; HOWEVER, IN THE TIME IT TOOK HER TO DO THIS, SHE WAS NOT ABLE TO KEEP WATCH ON CUBER; HE HAS VANISHED; BEFORE SHE CAN PUT UP A PROPER DEFENSE, HE COMES CRASHING DOWN ON HER HEAD WITH A DRILL KICK>
<SHE FALLS, BUT CUBER PURSUES AND FLIES AROUND TO HER PLACE OF IMPACT; YUKI WILD SENSES THROUGH HIS FLYING FIGURE, AND SPINS UPSIDE DOWN BEHIND HIM; AS HE TURNS AROUND, IN SLOW MOTION, SHE WHIPS HIM IN THE FACE WITH HER TAIL; HE STUTTERS BACK, IN THE AIR; YUKI FIRES OFF TWO EYE BEAMS, WHICH KNICK HIM IN THE THROAT; HE BLEEDS FROM THAT>
<YUKI RUSHES AT HIM AND BACKHANDS HIS GUARD, SHATTERING IT; SHE THEN BEGINS A DIZZYING ATTACK OF PUNCHES INTO HIS CHEST, STOMACH, AND FACE, WHICH CUBER CANNOT DEFEND; HE IS BATTERED MERCILESSLY; CUBER’S AURA HAS LONG SINCE VANISHED, BUT HE IS STILL IN SUPER SAIYAN>
<YUKI STOPS AND PUNCHES HIM IN THE GUT; AS CUBER KEELS OVER, SHE GRABS HIS HAIR WITH BOTH HER HANDS AND DOES A BACKFLIP, PROPELLING HIM UP AND OVER, AND DOWN AGAIN, HARD INTO THE GROUND; HE LANDS ON THE BLOODIED EARTH AND STUMBLES TO GET UP, BUT HE CANNOT>
<HIS ARMOR AND CLOTHES ARE TORN AND BROKEN>
<YUKI LAND BEHIND HIM; SHE BRINGS HER CLAWED FEET DOWN HARD ON CUBER’S BACK, SLAMMING HIS FACE BACK TO THE GROUND; SHE KEEPS HER RIGHT FOOT ON HIS BACK LIKE THAT>
Yuki: If you cannot offer me a better challenge, I will just have to pull the life out of you right here. It’ll be very slow, I promise you that.
<CUBER LETS OUT A PAINED GRUNT; YUKI TRIES A SHOCKING BEAM ON CUBER, BUT HE DOESN’T SEEM TO BE TOO PAINED BY IT; UNSATISFIED, SHE DIGS HER CLAWS FARTHER INTO HIS BACK BEFORE GRIPPING HIM AND THROWING HIM UP INTO THE AIR; SHE TELEPORTS BEHIND HIM AND ELBOWS HIM BACK DOWN INTO THE GROUND>
<YUKI PICKS CUBER UP WITH HER TAIL; SHE WRAPS IT AROUND HIS NECK; HE IS FACING AWAY FROM HER; YUKI CREATES TWO KNIFE BEAMS IN EACH HAND; SHE TEARS INTO CUBER’S BACKSIDE WITH THEM, RELENTLESSLY CUTTING, SLICING AND CUTTING AGAIN AND AGAIN; CUBER’S ARMOR HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETELY DESTROYED AND FALLEN OFF; HE STILL WEARS THE JUMPSUIT, BUT THAT HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF HIS BACK; HE IS BLEEDING AND BRUISING BADLY ON HIS BACK>
<YUKI DOES NOT STOP AS CUBER’S BLOOD IS SPLATTERED ACROSS HER BODY AND FACE; SHE SMIRKS SLIGHTLY>
<IN THE BACKGROUND, ANOTHER POD COMES ROARING INTO THE ATMOSPHERE; THIS ONE IS BEING DRIVEN BY A CONSCIOUS DRIVER; LEDAS IS FEELING THE POWER LEVELS HE FELT BEFORE, AND THEY ARE FIGHTING; WELL, ONE IS DOMINATING, HE CAN TELL>
<HE STEERS HIS POD AS CLOSE TO THEM AS HE CAN, AND LANDS IT SOFTLY; HE SPRINGS OUT OF HIS POD IN A CHIPPER JUMP; LEDAS LOOKS AROUND FOR THE FIGHTERS, WHEN HE SEES A COLLECTION OF PLANET TRADE ORGANIZATION SOLDIERS; HE FIRST RUNS TO THEM>
<HE SKIDS DOWN THE ROCKY DIRT TO THEIR CAMP, IF IT COULD BE CALLED THAT; IT IS MERELY A COLLECTION OF A FEW SAUCER SHIPS; LEDAS RUNS UP TO A NEARBY SOLDIER>
Ledas: Hey? I’m here for the fight. Who’s fighting?
Soldier 1: What are you talking about? <HE TURNS AND GETS A GOOD LOOK AT LEDAS> Who… who are you?
Soldier 1: Right. Are you a native or something? I’m, uh, like, not in the mood an uprising right now.
Ledas: No, I’m here for the fight.
<ANOTHER FIGURE COMES WALKING IN, LAZILY>
Naro: A fight? What’re you on about, soldier?
Ledas: <DEVILISH GRIN> What’re you talkin’ about, I’m not a soldier.
Naro: Ah, no armor. Should’ve known.
Ledas: Psh, I have a set, but I don’t wear it anymore. They’re too bulky.
Naro: Are ya saying you could even fight? Look, you’re scrawny and barely as big as my boot. Hell, I’m reading your power level right now, and it’s pathetic. <HE CLICKS HIS SCOUTER>
Ledas: Do you wanna fight, then?
Naro: Fight? It’ll be more like a massacre. Yeah, a massacre. I love those. <HE CRACKS HIS KNUCKLES> Hey, Kirka, come here. Look at this kid I found. He wants to fight.
<KIRKA COMES ZOOMING OVER; HE LOOKS MIGHTY ANNOYED>
Kirka: What’s that? You finally found the owner of this place? Did he say what happened to his–
Naro: No, he’s just some kid.
<LEDAS GRINS AT THEM, AND DROPS INTO A FIGHTING STANCE; HIS TAIL GOES UP IN THE AIR BEHIND HIM TO GIVE HIM PROPER BALANCE FOR HIS FORM; HIS FORM HAS HIM LOW TO THE GROUND, PUSHED FORWARD; HIS KNEES ARE BENT BACK AND HIS ARMS ARE POINTING FORWARD, IF PUSHED BACK; HE IS LIKE A CAT READY TO POUNCE>
Kirka: That tail! He’s a Saiyan!
Naro: A Saiyan, really? <HE LOOKS VERY SURPRISED> What are we supposed to do? Kill it?
Kirka: Capture it! Lady Yuki will want to interrogate him!
Naro: All right, Saiyan. I’m going to beat the hell out of you, take you on my ship, and let my boss torture you for information. In that order. Sound good?
Ledas: <HILARIOUSLY SERIOUS REMARK AND FACE; HE IS INCREDULOUS> No.
Naro: Well, too bad. That’s what I’m doing!
<NARO ATTACKS FIRST, WITH A SIDE HOOK; LEDAS’ FORM COUNTERS THIS OPENING PERFECTLY, AS HE IS ABLE TO BLOCK THE ATTACK WITH BOTH OF HIS HANDS; NARO FALTERS, AND CANNOT GET HIS HAND LOOSE; LEDAS, TONGUE PINCHED, RUNS AROUND THE SIDE OF NARO, WITH THE SOLDIER’S ARM STILL IN HIS HAND, AND TWISTS IT UP AND BEHIND THE ALIEN; NARO LETS OUT A SCREAM, AND KICKS BACKWARD; THIS KNOCKS LEDAS LOOSE; NARO TURNS AROUND AND LANDS, FEELING HIS SORE AND DISLOCATED ARM; BEFORE HE CAN SPEAK, HOWEVER, LEDAS IS CHARGING>
<NARO ATTEMPTS TO SIDESTEP, BUT THAT IS FOLLY; LEDAS IS FAST ENOUGH THAT HE CAN CONTROL HIS CHARGE AND CHANGE DIRECTIONS WITH PINPOINT PRECISION; HE ANGLES HIMSELF INTO NARO’S CHEST, HEADBUTTING THE ALIEN>
<NARO LETS OUT A LONG GRUNT, AND FALLS; HIS CRACKED ARMOR OOZES WITH HIS ORANGE BLOOD; HE IS DEAD>
<KIRKA HAS WIDE EYES>
<BEFORE KIRKA CAN SQUEAK ANOTHER SYLLABLE, LEDAS DESTROYS HIM WITH A FINGER BEAM TO THE THROAT; THE OLD STEWARD GURGLES BLOOD BEFORE SWINGING HIS ARMS WILDLY AND FALLING FLAT ON HIS BACK; LEDAS SENDS OUT ANOTHER VOLLEY OF HOMING FINGER BEAMS, WHICH TAKE OUT ALL THE SOLDIERS AROUND; HE ALSO DOES A FEW HEAVIER BLASTS, SOME ICE CANNONS AND PLAYFUL GALICKS TO TAKE OUT THE SHIPS AND CLUSTERS OF TROOPS>
<WITHIN THIRTY SECONDS OF NARO’S DEATH, LEDAS HAS WIPED OUT ALL OF YUKI’S FORCES>
<LEDAS NOW BECOMES ACUTELY AWARE OF THE FIGHT GOING ON, AND ANXIOUS TO SEE IT, HE FLIES OVER TO WHERE CUBER AND YUKI ARE DOING BATTLE>
<CUTS BACK TO CUBER AND YUKI; THE GROUND IS DRENCHED WITH BLOOD AND PIECES OF FLESH; CUBER HAS NOT BROKEN FREE FROM THE STRANGLEHOLD; HE HAS TURNED HIMSELF AROUND, AND IN DESPERATION HAS BEEN FIRING OFF ENERGY ATTACKS AT YUKI, WHO IS MERE FEET AWAY FROM HIM; THIS RISKS KILLING HIM, BUT HE HAS NO OTHER CHOICE; EVEN A FULL-POWERED ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION PALM BARELY DOES MORE THAN A GLANCING BLOW TO YUKI>
<SHE RETALIATES WITH A FINGER BEAM TO HIS STOMACH, WHICH PIERCES HIM AND MAKES HIM GO QUIET; CUBER SLUMPS OVER AND FALLS>
<YUKI PICKS UP CUBER, KNEEING HIM IN THE FACE AS SHE DOES SO; HE STUMBLES FORWARD AS SHE WRAPS HER TAIL AROUND HIS BODY AND NECK AGAIN>
<CUBER BEGINS SUFFOCATING AS YUKI MERCILESSLY PUNCHES HIM IN THE GUT TIME AFTER TIME; HE WOULD SPIT UP BLOOD IF HIS THROAT WAS OPEN; SUFFICE TO SAY, IT IS NOT>
<YUKI PAUSES, SMILING AS SHE READIES A SMALL PINK BEAM IN HER RIGHT HAND, FINGERNAIL OUT>
<JUST AS SHE STOPS, CUBER MAKES HIS MOVE; HE GRABS HER BOOBY WITH HIS NEAREST HAND AND TWISTS IT SIDEWAYS AS QUICKLY AS HE CAN; IT GOES ALMOST A FULL CIRCLE; YUKI LETS OUT A HORRIBLE SCREAM OF PAIN; SHE DROPS CUBER, CLUTCHING HER NIPPLE IN HER HANDS; SHE LOOKS OVER AT HIM WITH A TERRIBLY MAD LOOK>
<YUKI GINGERLY CARESSES HER SWOLLEN NIPPLE, WHICH, IN ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD HAVE HAD AN EFFECT ON CUBER; USING THIS CHANCE, CUBER CHARGES HIS RIGHT HAND WITH LIGHTNING-LIKE KI; HE IS JUST BARELY ABLE TO SLIP JUST IN FRONT OF YUKI’S LEGS, AND THEN UPPERCUTS WITH HIS KI-CHARGED HAND, ALL FIVE FINGERS EXTENDED; YUKI SCREAMS EVEN LOUDER THAN BEFORE AND GRABS HER CROTCH AS SHE STUMBLES BACK>
Yuki: What?! How’d you know my weak spots?!
Cuber: I think I know my geography pretty damn well.
<CUBER STANDS UP, SNIFFS HIS NOSE AND SPITS OUT BLOOD BEFORE FALLING INTO A BATTLE STANCE AGAIN>
Yuki: Don’t make me laugh. It’s hopeless. I’ve won this fight.
<AS SHE SLOWLY AND DELIBERATELY APPROACHES CUBER, IN A SLEEK AND STREAMLINED GLIDE, NOT UNLIKE A PANTHER ON THE PROWL, A FIGURE COMES SHOOTING FORWARD>
<HIS FORM IS BLOCKED OUT FROM THE LIGHT OF THE SETTING SUN, BUT YUKI IS TURNED AWAY FROM HIM, SO SHE WOULD NOT HAVE SEEN HIM ANYWAY; IT IS LEDAS, AND HE HAS, JUST NOW, JUMPED FORWARD AND KICKED YUKI IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD>
<SHE WAS NOT POWERED UP, AND NOT DEFENDING, SO THIS ATTACK WAS ABLE TO THROW HER TO THE GROUND AND GIVE HER A SHINER>
<SHE FLIPS OVER, IRATE; HER EYES FALL UPON LEDAS>
Yuki: Get away! You have no business here.
Ledas: <WALKING FORWARD, SERIOUS; LOOSENING HIS SHOULDERS> You know, I was just going to watch, but then I saw who you were. <HE STOPS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER> Your soldiers wear the same armor as Frieza’s. And it looks like you’re no better than him. Anyone like Frieza is an enemy to me. <LEDAS LOOKS OVER TO CUBER; CUBER NODS TO HIM; LEDAS LOOKS BACK AT YUKI> I’m going to kill you now.
- Hyper Zergling named this chapter and he did so referencing Halo.
- I was mocking Cuber way too much with that first line of scene direction.
- This chapter is longer than the first two chapters combined.
- While Hyper Zergling sees Cold Vengeance as another saga in his Mrovian series, it is merely a movie, or special, in my eyes. Because of the length of this chapter in particular, I think the first two chapters could be combined, and perhaps a few of the latter ones could be as well. The plot of the story follows that of a movie more than a saga anyway.
- When Cuber watches Kirka and Naro, he notices that the Mrovian outpost doesn't appear to have been attacked. This again reinforces the notion that the Mrovians killed themselves.
- When Cuber watches Kirka and Naro, that is his only interaction with those aliens.
- The dialogue between Cuber and Yuki took a while to perfect (many, many revisions between HZ and KV), but now that I'm reading over it, you wouldn't even know that it was so heavily revised before being posted to the site.
- I don't remember much about writing this chapter, but I believe it was Hyper Zergling who wrote almost all of the fight scene.
- One thing that Hyper Zergling wouldn't do is that he wouldn't create new paragraphs during the fight scene. So he'd just have the entire fight on this one massive paragraph that took up an entire page. I had to come in and break up the paragraphs to make it more readable.
- When Yuki starts choking Cuber, this is reminiscent of Frieza doing the same thing to Vegeta on Namek.
- In fact, the entire brutality of Yuki's torturing of Cuber seems to parallel how brutal Frieza was to Vegeta in their fight.
- Ledas' obliviousness is evident in this chapter. He barely notices the Planet Trade Organization soldiers' armor and just wants to watch the fight (he assumes) is happening.
- Naro reminds me a lot of Nappa.
- Ledas' fighting stances in this story are really highlighted. At the time of writing CV, I had taken an interest in fighting styles and specific movesets, and thus created the fighting styles on Ledas' page. He uses both in the story, though he uses his weaker one against Naro and Kirka.
- Ledas' "No." to Naro's question is probably the funniest thing in the story and the funniest thing Ledas has ever said. It was unintentionally humorous from his perspective, however.
- I wanted Yuki's forces to die quickly similarly to how Frieza's forces died at the hands of the Namekians and Vegeta. But, of course, being a movie, the deaths in this story had to go much faster.
- The nipple twist was HZ's idea. It's pretty humorous, despite the situation that Cuber is in.
- The fact that Frieza's race doesn't wear clothes (aside from armor sometimes) meant that, being a female, Yuki's breasts would be bear. This seems to be a theme in the collaborations I do with HZ, as the Saiyan women in Dragon Ball: The Great War don't wear anything over their breasts either.
- Cuber's geography quote is a reference to "Dramamine" by Modest Mouse. I definitely wrote that Cuber line (though I don't remember doing so).
- Ledas, of course, hates Frieza for blowing up his homeworld and separating him from Vegeta. He always knew this because the soldiers on the Cooler outpost he lived on for so long told him - they didn't sugar-coat it like Zarbon and Dodoria did for Prince Vegeta.
What Is This Even?
<CLEFT SQUARE BOX>
<YUKI IS FACING LEDAS; CUBER IS LYING BLOODY IN HIS RUIN BEHIND; CUBER HAS SINCE FALLEN TO THE GROUND AND REVERTED TO HIS BASE FORM, HIS ADRENALINE RUNNING OUT; YUKI HAS A SERIOUS FROWN UPON HER FACE>
Yuki: Kill me? Is that so?
<HER LAZY POSTURE SHOWS HER CLEAR DOUBT>
<LEDAS CLENCHES HIS TEETH AND SOUNDLESSLY GOES SUPER SAIYAN 1; SINCE HE CAN MAINTAIN THIS FORM EASILY, HIS SUPER SAIYAN 1 FORM, INHERENTLY, IS FULL POWERED>
Ledas: Yeah. You’re Frieza’s daughter, aren’t you?
Yuki: Frieza? You keep mentioning him. Why does he matter?
Ledas: Because I’m a Saiyan.
Yuki: <LETTING OUT A BREATH FROM BETWEEN HER TEETH> So is he.
<SHE MOTIONS BEHIND HER TO CUBER>
Ledas: Yeah, well I’m a lot stronger than him.
<LEDAS STANDS UP STRAIGHT IN A POSE WHICH IS SLIGHTLY FACING YUKI; HIS HANDS ARE DOWN AT HIS WAIST, PULLED BACK SLIGHTLY; YUKI PULLS HER ARMS DOWN, FLARING THEM AS IF THEY WERE WINGS BEHIND HER; SHE WALKS FORWARD; AS YUKI NO LONGER HAS HER SCOUTER, SHE IS NO LONGER ABLE TO TELL HOW STRONG LEDAS COMPARES TO HER>
<WHEN SHE GETS TO LEDAS, SHE STOPS; SUDDENLY, SHE SPINS BACKWARD, PULLING HER ELBOW AROUND AND SHOOTING IT INTO LEDAS’ FACE; BUT THIS ATTACK GOES THROUGH; IT WAS AN AFTERIMAGE; SLIGHTLY TAKEN ABACK BY THAT MOVE, YUKI STUMBLES FORWARD; THE REAL LEDAS IS NOT FAR BEHIND; HE COMES FLYING DOWN AND STOPS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE; SHE LOOKS UP AT HIM; LEDAS KICKS HER ACROSS THE FACE AND SENDS HER FLYING>
<HE PURSUES BY TELEPORTING BEHIND HER, KICKING HER HIGHER UPWARD; LEDAS TELEPORTS AGAIN, AND CATCHES HER BY THE TAIL; AS HE THROWS HER DOWNARD, SHE HALTS HER MOMENTUM, BRINGING HER AURA UP AROUND HER AND AIR DASHES BACK UP TO LEDAS; LEDAS CANNOT BLOCK, AND IS INSTEAD HIT ACROSS THE FACE WITH A HARD PUNCH; HE CLENCHES HIS TEETH AND PUSHES YUKI OFF OF HIM WITH AN ENERGY WAVE; THE TWO ARE SOMEWHAT FAR APART NOW>
Yuki: <IN HER MIND> I can see him, but I can’t move fast enough to evade his attacks.
<YUKI SENDS A HAIL OF SMALL BLASTS AT LEDAS; HE BLOCKS MOST OF THEM, AND THE ONES THAT HIT HIM, ONLY GRAZE HIM IN MINOR ANNOYANCE; HE FIRES SOME SMALL BLASTS BACK AT HER; HE HOLDS HIS POSITION; YUKI IS SOMEWHAT CAUTIOUS TO PURSUE AGAIN; SHE SETTLES DOWN IN MIDAIR AND TRIES TO POWER HERSELF UP MORE; LEDAS, HOWEVER, DOES NOT WANT THAT>
<HE LETS OUT A YELL AS HE FLIES RAPIDLY TOWARD HER; YUKI STOPS POWERING UP AND BLOCKS, HOWEVER LEDAS TELEPORTS BEHIND YUKI AND KICKS HER BEFORE SHE CAN ACT FAST ENOUGH TO BLOCK OR EVADE THE ATTACK; SHE IS SENT FLYING A GOOD DISTANCE BEFORE SHE CAN CONTROL HERSELF; WHEN SHE LOOKS TO WHERE SHE FLEW FROM, A PURPLE AND BLUE ENERGY BEAM HITS HER IN THE FACE; SHE IS THEN BOMBARDED WITH A SHOWER OF WEAKER GREEN ENERGY BLASTS AND IS UNABLE TO RECOVER; WHEN SHE FINDS THE OPPORTUNITY, SHE IMMEDIATELY DIVES TO THE GROUND, ONLY TO BE PUNCHED IN THE ABDOMEN; YUKI RETALIATES WITH HER OWN SERIES OF MELEE ATTACKS, BUT LEDAS IS ALWAYS ABLE TO AVOID THEM AND STRIKES MORE BLOWS EVERY SO OFTEN>
<PUSHING HER BACK TO THE GROUND, LEDAS FURIOUSLY HITS HER ACROSS THE FACE, THEN LEG SWIPES HER, CAUSING YUKI TO FALL; SHE STANDS UP AND LOOSENS HER SHOULDER; SHE IS SLIGHTLY DAMAGED, BLEEDING FROM VARIOUS HITS>
Yuki: <IN HER MIND> Just a second alone and I can power up past him!
<YUKI’S THOUGHTS ARE INTERRUPTED WITH A KICK TO THE FACE; AS SHE GRABS HER BLEEDING FACE, LEDAS CHARGES UP A BLUE AND BLACK ENERGY WAVE AND FIRES IT AT YUKI AT POINT-BLANK RANGE; YUKI’S SCREAMS ARE MUFFLED BY THE BLAST>
<CUTS TO TYPHON BEING SEEN FROM OUTER SPACE; THE EXPLOSION FLASHES AT THE PLANET’S SURFACE>
<CUTS BACK TO LEDAS; THE SMOKE TAKES A WHILE TO CLEAR, BUT YUKI IS SEEN STANDING EXACTLY WHERE SHE WAS, BUT DIFFERENT; SHE IS AT LEAST A HEAD TALLER THAN SHE WAS BEFORE, AND NOW HAS A FOUR-SPIKED “HELMET” THAT STARTS FROM THE BOTTOM OF HER FACE THROUGH THE BACK OF HER HEAD; HER HAIR IS NOW GOLDEN LIKE A SUPER SAIYAN’S>
Yuki: Thanks for the time.
Ledas: Whoa, you changed! What is that?
Yuki: Never you mind. There is no point in educating the soon-to-be dead.
Ledas: <TO HIMSELF> Her power went way up. I’m nowhere near it, even at maximum… <TO YUKI> You’re hair looks like mine!
Yuki: I know. I get that from my mother.
<CUBER GRUNTS IN THE BACKGROUND>
Ledas: I bet you got your ugliness from her too–
<YUKI SNARLS AND RUSHES LEDAS, PUNCHING HIM HARD IN THE GUT; HE KEELS OVER, SPITTING AND GAGGING, IN INCREDIBLE PAIN; WITH THE WIND KNOCKED OUT OF HIM, HE DOES NOT DEFEND AGAINST HER AS SHE JABS HIM UNCEASINGLY; HE ATTEMPTS TO GET AWAY WITH A QUICK JUMP UP TO THE AIR; COUGHING STILL, HE LOOKS DOWN AT YUKI, IN HER NEW FORM, WITH HER NEW POWER>
Ledas: <TO HIMSELF> I have no chance. She’s going to kill me.
<LEDAS IMMEDIATELY GOES SUPER SAIYAN 2; HE HAS BLUE ELECTRIC BOLTS CIRCLING AROUND HIS BODY; HE IS IN THE SECOND LEVEL OF SUPER SAIYAN; HE SHOOTS TWO PARTICLE BEAMS, ONE FROM EACH EYE, DOWN AT YUKI; SHE BLOCKS THEM, BUT THEY BURN INTO HER ARMS AND CAUSE MORE BLOOD TO COME OUT>
<ANGRY AT THIS, SHE JUMPS UP AND SHOOTS A LARGE, PURPLE, ONE HANDED ENERGY BLAST AT LEDAS; THE TEARDROP SHAPED ENERGY IS SO FAST, LEDAS CANNOT EVEN BLINK BEFORE IT HITS HIM, FRYING HIS BODY AND SENDING HIM INTO FREE FALL>
<YUKI JUMPS UP AND CATCHES HIM IN MIDAIR; HE TRIES PUSHING HER OFF OF HIM, BUT IS ELBOWED IN THE FACE; YUKI THEN DROP KICKS HIM HIGHER INTO THE SKY; BEFORE LEDAS GOES TOO HIGH TO GIVE HIM TIME TO RECOVER, YUKI GRABS HIM IN A BEAR HUG AND FLIES BACK INTO THE GROUND, CREATING A MASSIVE CRATER OUT OF THE SHEER SPEED; THE CAMERA QUICKLY CUTS TO CUBER, WHO BRINGS HIS LEFT ARM IN FRONT OF HIS FACE AS HE FALLS INTO THE NEWLY FORMED BASIN>
Cuber: Ah, shit. This ain’t good at all.
<HE LANDS GINGERLY, BLOOD STILL DRIPPING FROM EVERY PART OF HIS BODY; NOT WANTING TO GET CAUGHT IN THE FIGHT AGAIN, HE LIMPS BACKWARD BEHIND A ROCK>
<CUBER FEELS A FUZZY FEELING IN HIS SKULL, BUT HE CANNOT SCRATCH IT BECAUSE IT’S INSIDE HIM; HE SHAKES HIS HEAD LIKE HE HAS WATER IN HIS EARS; WITH A SUDDEN JOLT, HIS BRAIN-SCOUTER BEGINS SPEAKING; CUBER CAN HEAR THE VOICE IN HIS MIND, BUT OTHER PEOPLE CANNOT HEAR THIS VOICE>
Quoeyg: Cuber, are you there? You never contacted me about landing. Is everything alright?
Cuber: Yeah, sorry about not calling you when I got here, but whatever your guys were doing, it’s gone wrong. The place was long destroyed.
Quoeyg: Do you know what caused it? Are there any survivors?
Cuber: How would I know? I’ve had my hands full with Nitro’s daughter. She attacked me before I could get a good look at the place. <HE CRANES HIS NECK BACK UP TO THE FIGHT, BUT QUICKLY BRINGS IT BACK DOWN> Another saiyan got here and saved me, but he doesn’t look like he’ll hold up too well either. We’re pretty much gonna die, so you should go tell Chaiva.
Quoeyg: Are you sure the complex was completely destroyed?
Cuber: I already said, I didn’t get a good enough–
Quoeyg: There is one thing you can do, but I do not know if it will work. Of course, this assumes at least one device is still operational.
Cuber: Whatever you guys were working on here?
Quoeyg: Yes, the fusion devices. They will combine any two beings of the same race, and multiply their power greatly. We were testing this to lower the amount of soldiers needed in our armies. You said the other one here is a Saiyan too. Are you sure? I thought your species was nearly extinct.
Cuber: Yeah, I’m sure.
Quoeyg: Then you must go to the installation outpost immediately if you hope to survive. Find a fusion device. I will describe them to you when you get there.
Cuber: <SPECULATIVE> Wouldn’t these devices be unsafe if they killed all your scientists?
Quoeyg: Would you rather stay where you are and let her kill you?
Cuber: <LIMPS FORWARD, OVER A ROCK> Good point.
<CUTS BACK TO YUKI, WHO IS HOVERING A FEW FEET ABOVE LEDAS; SHE IS HOLDING HIM BY THE NECK WITH HER RIGHT ARM; LEDAS APPEARS UNCONSCIOUS; SHE PUTS HER FINGER ON HIS CHIN AND LIFTS HIS FACE UP; SHE PREPARES AN EYE BEAM TO TAKE HIM OUT; SUDDENLY, A LARGE EXPLOSION OF INVISIBLE ENERGY ERUPTS FROM LEDAS, STOPPING THE ATTACK; YUKI SHIELDS HERSELF WITH HER FREE ARM, BUT IS REVEALED TO HAVE NOT TAKEN VERY MUCH DAMAGE AT ALL; LEDAS’ AURA IS NOW AT FULL, WHICH BURNS YUKI’S HAND; LEDAS BRINGS HIS ARM UP; IN IT, HE HAS AN ENERGY SWORD; HE SLICES YUKI IN THE FACE WITH IT; THIS DOES ACTUAL MEANINGFUL DAMAGE AND CAUSES HER TO DROP HIM; BLOOD POURS DOWN HER FOREHEAD AND FACEPLATE WHERE THE CUT IS; SHE WIPES IT ALL AWAY SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEE>
<LEDAS LANDS A FEW FEET BACK, ONTO THE GROUND>
Yuki: You brat! You dirty little brat! Disfiguring my face is not allowed!
Ledas: There are no rules!
<YUKI FLIES AT LEDAS, BUT HE CREATES ENERGY IN EACH HAND; INSTEAD OF SHOOTING IT AT HER, HE RELEASES THEM ONTO THE GROUND, LETTING IT KICK UP DUST; HE USES THIS TIME TO FLY OUT OF HER WAY AND CROUCH BEHIND A ROCK; AS THE DUST CLEARS, HE PEEKS OUT, SEEING YUKI STANDING THERE, LOOKING AROUND, BUT NOT SEEING HIM>
Ledas: <UNDER HIS BREATH> She can’t sense power.
<LEDAS CREATES A SMALL MILKY WHITE BALL OF ENERGY AND ANGLES IT TO HIS LEFT; IT FLIES PAST YUKI WITHOUT HER SEEING IT, AND GOES UP OVER THE GROUND TO HOME IN ON CUBER, WHO IS HOVERING AWAY FROM THEM; IT HITS HIM, BUT DOES NOT DAMAGE; HE SUDDENLY HEARS SOMETHING IN HIS MIND>
Ledas: You better get out of here. I can only hold her off for a few more minutes.
<CUBER TURNS AROUND, PUZZLED AT HOW LEDAS CONTACTED HIM>
Cuber: What…how did he do that?
<CUBER SHAKES HIS HEAD AND CONTINUES ON>
<BACK AT LEDAS, HE STEPS OUT FROM BEHIND THE ROCK IN SUPER SAIYAN 2; YUKI SEES HIM AND SMILES; SHE CREATES A DEATH BEAM, WHICH LEDAS BLOCKS; THIS, HOWEVER, PREVENTS HIM FROM MOVING OUT OF THE WAY AS SHE LUNGES INTO HIM>
<LEDAS BLOCKS MOST OF HER ATTACKS; AS HE HAS STUDIED HER FORM QUITE WELL ENOUGH BY NOW, HE HAS A GOOD IDEA OF HOW SHE ATTACKS; SHE PUNCHES AND KICKS AND USES HER TAIL, AND LEDAS DODGES THEM AND BLOCKS THEM AND TWISTS AND TURNS AND MOVES OUT OF THE WAY OF THE ATTACKS>
<HOWEVER, SHE HAS MUCH MORE POWER THAN HE DOES, AND HE LOSES ENDURANCE FASTER THAN SHE; FALTERING A BIT, HE MISSES A BLOCK, CAUSING HER PUNCH TO CONNECT; THIS CAUSES HIS TIMING TO FALL OUT OF RHYTHM, LETTING ALL OF HER ATTACKS HIT HIM; LEDAS IS TOO WEAK TO GET AWAY FROM THIS ONSLAUGHT; HE IS BLOODIED QUICKLY, AS MANY CUTS FORM ON HIS FACE; HIS LIP SPLITS>
<YUKI TAKES LEDAS’ FACE AND RAMS IT INTO THE GROUND; THIS BREAKS HIS NOSE AND CAUSES HIM TO SCREAM OUT IN PAIN; SHE BACKHANDS HIM, SENDING THE BOY FALLING TO THE GROUND; BEFORE HE CAN GET UP, HOWEVER, SHE RELEASES A VERY LARGE BLAST WHICH HITS HIM HEAD ON; LEDAS IS THROWN FAR AWAY TO THE BARREN GROUND; HIS CLOTHES AND FLESH SMOLDER AND SMOKE>
<LEDAS IS UNMOVING, HIS KNEES UP, HIS HEAD DOWN, BREATHING HARD; HIS HAIR REGRESSES TO JET BLACK; HE CLOSES HIS EYES AND JUST LAYS THERE>
<HE COUGHS AGAIN>
- We mostly switched off on who named which chapter, but Hyper Zergling named this chapter as well. This just sounds like something that Hyper Zergling would say, himself, so I'm not sure it's a reference to anything.
- This was a chapter added in as it was posted. When we were writing, we realized that we had created one chapter too few when creating the page, so that's why this exists. I have done this in other stories, such as The Last Saiyan and TF, so it's nothing new for one of my stories to receive a chapter out of nowhere.
- The opening line was supposed to reference a particular type of panel that I was going to start with when writing this chapter of the manga, but I don't remember what type it was just from the description.
- Ledas' fighting stance against Yuki is his second fighting stance, which is more energy-oriented.
- Hyper Zergling named Typhon much like he named the original name of Niflheim, Braxis. I mean, I could have given either one a name, but it wasn't really brought up and both of those names are great so there was no need for me to rename either one.
- The irony of Ledas talking about how Yuki gets her ugliness from her mother is evident in the fact that Chaiva was actually Yuki's mother. Of course, Ledas was never made aware of this. So not only does he call Yuki's mother ugly (and then fuck her and cum in her in the last chapter), but he also ends up being partially responsible for Yuki's death - again, not knowing that she is the daughter of Chaiva.
- I wrote all of Ledas' fight with Yuki, though Hyper Zergling added in the links to the techniques. That is a mark of how he writes his fanons. I don't do that in mine, but I didn't remove it when he did it in CV because it is a collaboration.
- The fusion device idea was a bit forced. Being that this was a movie, there wasn't ample time to build up to or foreshadow that (much like I couldn't spend much time building up Yuki's character or any of HZ's). But one of the main goals of CV was the fusion of Ledas and Cuber, so it had to be done.
- Ledas' reference to there being no rules is a throwback to both DBZ and TF. In both of those, Vegeta states that the only rule of war is that "there are no rules".
- Despite being weaker than Yuki, Ledas can sense energy, and he can learn at a quick pace. So he learns her form and is able to counter it slightly while fighting her. She is still much stronger than him at the time and would have beaten him anyways, but he would have put up a greater fight than his power level let on.
- I remember writing the end of this chapter and posting it to the site. Obviously, no one thought Ledas would die there (although it was one of the most significant beatdowns he ever received). That ending was just to show that Yuki beat both Saiyans and that alone (as both of them had already lost by themselves), they were nothing to her.
Splicer No Splicing
<BLEED-THROUGH SCREAM, EXTENDED AND REVERBERATED AS IF IN A CAVE>
<THE CAMERA IS AIMED AT YUKI FROM THE GROUND AND A GOOD DISTANCE; EVERYTHING IS BLURRY, AND YUKI IS WALKING TOWARDS THE CAMERA; THE BACK OF LEDAS’ HAND COMES INTO VIEW AS THE CAMERA BECOMES CLEARER; HE IS ON THE GROUND; STILL FROM FIRST PERSON, LEDAS STUMBLES UP, BREATHING HARD, BLINKING LONG, AND ROLLS OVER ONTO HIS KNEES; HE SEES YUKI APPROACHING HIM>
<THE CAMERA CUTS TO LEDAS IN THIRD PERSON; HE SITS THERE, ON HIS KNEES FOR A SECOND, WITH A BLANK FACE; HE OBVIOUSLY HAS A CONCUSSION; HE GRIPS HIS RIGHT SHOULDER WITH HIS LEFT, AS HE QUICKLY FEELS OVER HIS DAMAGED BODY FOR ANY SERIOUS WOUNDS>
<YUKI CONTINUES WALKING EVER SO SLOWLY TOWARD THE SAIYAN; SHE IS MAYBE HALF A KLICK AWAY FROM HIM; LEDAS TAKES ONE DEEP BREATH, THEN IMMEDIATELY GOES SUPER SAIYAN 2; HE DARTS AWAY, FLYING LOW AND FAST OVER THE FLAT GROUND; THE CAMERA ZOOMS IN OVER HIS SHOULDER, AND REVEALS A SIGHT AS HE LOOKS UP; A MOUTAIN RANGE, AND A LARGE ONE AT THAT, STRAIGHT AHEAD>
<SEEING HER QUARRY GETTING AWAY, YUKI FLIES AFTER HIM, BUT DOES NOT GET THERE IN TIME, BEFORE THE BOY IS LOST IN THE MAZE OF ROCKS; YUKI RAISES HER RIGHT PALM AND SWEEPS IT TO HER LEFT, OBLITERATING MUCH OF THE CANYON IN ONE MASSIVE PURPLE ENERGY WAVE; A FEW YELLOW SHARDS OF ENERGY COME SHOOTING AT HER FROM ABOVE; THEY KNICK HER, BUT DO LITTLE DAMAGE>
<SHE SENDS OUT A SECOND ARCING BEAM, WHICH CLEARS THE DUST OUT OF HER WAY AND DESTROYS MORE POSSIBLE HIDEOUTS; TAKING THIS TIME TO HER ADVANTAGE, YUKI LIGHTS UP HER KI ENERGY AROUND HER AND FLIES FORWARD, IN A SWEEPING MANEUEVER, BEING SURE TO SEARCH OVER THE ENTIRE AREA AROUND>
<LEDAS IS BELOW HER, STUCK IN A CANYON; ROCK AND RUBBLE IS AROUND HIM; HE IS SITTING UP AGAINST A WALL, QUITE DAZED, AND BREATHING HARD; HE IS NOT IN SUPER SAIYAN 2 RIGHT NOW, BUT MERELY IN BASE FORM TO CONSERVE ENERGY>
<AS A RAIN OF BLASTS COME DOWN AROUND HIM, LEDAS GETS UP, SHIELDING HIS HEAD, AND MOVES OUT; AS HE DOES SO, HE FIRES SEVERAL HOMING FINGER BEAMS BEHIND HIM TO CONFUSE YUKI; THEY COME ROARING UP AT HER UNEXPECTEDLY AND HIT HER IN THE JAW; SHE NARROWS HER EYES FURTHER, BECOMING AGITATED, BUT NOT HURT; SHE RAINS MORE BLASTS DOWN AROUND THE AREA, TRYING TO DRAW LEDAS OUT>
<LEDAS STUMBLES ON A ROCK AND FALLS RIGHT INTO A BUNCH OF CRASHING BOULDERS; HE LETS OUT A SMALL CRY, AND DOES NOT GET UP, EVEN AS MORE ENERGY COMES DOWN AROUND HIM, AND MUCH OF IT HITS HIS BODY; HE IS TOSSED LIKE A RAGDOLL BACK AND FORTH>
<LEDAS SPITS UP BLOOD AND CLOSES HIS EYES>
<CUTS TO CUBER, WHO ENTERS THE DEACTIVATED DOOR OF A BROKEN STRUCTURE; THE ONLY SOURCE OF LIGHT IS THE PLANET’S SUN LEAKING THROUGH THE HOLES IN THE WALLS AND CEILING; AS CUBER HOVERS DEEPER THROUGH THE STRUCTURE, HE FINDS NO BODIES BUT ONLY REMAINS OF OBJECTS SUCH AS BURNT TABLES AND CHAIRS>
Cuber: Yeah, I’m in. There’s no one here. No bodies or anything. So what’s this device look like?
Quoeyg: It is a metal square plate about the size of your palm with a blue crystal in its center.
Cuber: Okay, sounds simple enough.
<CUBER LOOKS AROUND, BUT SEES NOTHING; CHARRED AND TWISTED METAL LITTER THE AREA, BUT NO GLOWING GEMS ARE THERE TO BE FOUND; HE MOVES DEEPER INTO THE COMPLEX; AT THIS POINT, CUBER IS USING WHAT LITTLE ENERGY HE HAS LEFT TO LIGHT THE ROOMS HE SEARCHES, AS THEY WOULD BE PITCH BLACK OTHERWISE>
<CUBER ENTERS ANOTHER ROOM; THERE WERE STILL NO BODIES>
Cuber: No one here either. I’m guessing they were burned up from trying out the fusion devices.
Quoeyg: Most likely.
Cuber: <HOARSE RESTRAINT> Won’t that happen to us? I mean, the kid’s not even half my size.
Quoeyg: You two have far greater power. I am sure you will handle the fusion process.
<CUBER SUDDENLY FEELS LEDAS’ POWER DROP IN A SHARP SPIKE; WELL, LEDAS WOULD BE NO GOOD FOR FUSION DEAD, SO CUBER WOULD HAVE TO GET GOING; HE FLIES FORWARD AS FAST AS HE CAN TO THE END OF THE ROOM AND THEN NOTICES SOMETHING; THERE IS A BRIGHT BLUE LIGHT SPARKLING ON THE WALL OF THE NEXT ROOM; CUBER FLIES TOWARDS SPARKLE AND SEES AN OBJECT THAT FITS THE DEVICE’S DESCRIPTION; HE REMOVES IT FROM THE WALL>
Cuber: I think I found it. How does this thing work anyway?
Quoeyg: Place the device on the back of your neck, and it should attach itself immediately.
<CUBER DOES AS QUOEYG SAYS, AND SURE ENOUGH, THE SMALL METAL SQUARE ADHERES TO CUBER’S NECK AS IF BOTH WERE MAGNETIZED; HE LURCHES FORWARD AS THE DEVICE TAKES IN HIS BODY AND CONDITION, AND STORES THAT MEMORY>
Cuber: And how do we fuse?
Quoeyg: Look at the other Saiyan. Activate the device, and it will send bonding beam from you to him, and bring you together. Once your bodies meet, the actual fusion process should be painless. At least, that is what our scientists theorized.
Cuber: That’s it?
Quoeyg: Yes. What were you thinking?
Cuber: I just thought it’d be more complicated. I sure hope this works.
<CUTS TO LEDAS, WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A ROCK; HE IS A SUPER SAIYAN 2; YUKI IS JUST VISIBLE IN THE SKY, KILOMETERS AWAY FROM LEDAS’ POSITION; SHE IS STILL SCORCHING AND POCK-MARKING THE LAND ABOUT; LEDAS IS SO DELIRIOUS, HE IS BARELY TRYING TO STAVE HER OFF ANY MORE; HE FIRES A CLUSTER OF ENERGY, BEFORE SCURRYING, ON HIS HANDS AND KNEES, TO ANOTHER HIDEY-HOLE A BIT AWAY; GETTING YUKI’S ATTENTION, HE IS GREETED WITH A RATHER LARGE BLANKET OF BURNING KI ENERGY; LEDAS USES A BARRIER TO SAVE HIMSELF; HE THEN STANDS UP, AND SKIDS ON THE HARD DIRT BEFORE JUMPING OUT OF THERE>
<LEDAS RUNS AROUND BEHIND YUKI, AND TAKES TO THE AIR; HE MAKES SURE NOT TO FLY TOO HIGH, AND REMAINS IN THE CANYONS; HE FIRES MORE KI UP AT HER, CAUSING HER GET EVER THE MORE ANGRY; HER PREVIOUS STRATEGY OF SIMPLY BLOWING AWAY ALL HIS COVER HAS NOT BEEN VERY EFFECTIVE, AS THERE IS SO MUCH COVER; WHEN YUKI DESTROYS IT, THE ROCKS FALL IN A WAY THAT OFFER LEDAS EVEN MORE PROTECTION; INSTEAD OF CONTINUING THAT, SHE LOWERS HERSELF DOWN, AND FLIES DOWN INTO THE CANYON; LEDAS MAKES SURE TO GO LEFT AND AVOID HER>
<HE FLIES AROUND IN CIRCLES, WEAVING THROUGH THE ROCKS AND TUNNELS TO AVOID RUNNING INTO HER; ALL THE WHILE, HE THROWS VARIOUS SIZED KI BLASTS AT YUKI; THESE BLASTS STING HER, AND SOME OF THEM DO DAMAGE HER READILY, BUT THIS IS MORE ANNOYANCE THAN IT IS PAIN>
<AS LEDAS COMES AROUND A SECOND TIME, SHOOTING A HAIL OF RAZOR BLASTS INTO THE ALIEN’S FACE, HE DETECTS CUBER APPROACHING HIM FROM THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION; LEDAS MOMENTARILY LOSES FOCUS AND JERKS HIS HEAD WHERE CUBER IS COMING FROM; YUKI SEES HIM PAUSE, AND SNARLS; SHE THROWS TWO SNOW BLADES AT HIM; LEDAS QUICKLY REGAINS COMPOSURE AND LANDS, FALLING TO HIS STOMACH TO AVOID THE SHARP BLASTS; HE STANDS UP AFTER THEM, AND LOOKS AT YUKI, RESOLUTE; HE KEEPS HIS SHOULDERS HIGH AND DOES NOT BACK DOWN>
Ledas: <TELEPATHICALLY, TO CUBER> What are you doing? I told you to get out of here!
<YUKI IS APPROACHES AND READIES A PURPLE BLAST IN HER HAND; LEDAS LETS OUT A YELL AND STEPS FORWARD; HE SHOOTS A PULSE WAVE WITH BOTH OF HIS HANDS, SHATTERING YUKI’S GUARD; SHE STUMBLES BACK; HE FOLLOWS THIS UP WITH SEVERAL SPEAR BEAMS, EACH ONE HITTING YUKI HARD; SHE STUMBLES BACK FROM EACH ONE OF THEM; LEDAS CONTINUES WALKING FORWARD AS HE DOES THIS; EVENTUALLY HE GETS QUITE CLOSE TO HER; SHE IS BRUISING AND HAVING A HARD TIME REGAINING HER FORM FROM THESE ATTACKS, BUT SHE IS NOT BEING DAMAGED MUCH>
<LEDAS STOPS THE BARRAGE, FLICKING ONE FINAL BUNCH OF KI INTO HER EYES; SHE BLINKS THAT AWAY AND STANDS UP STRAIGHT; LEDAS DOES A HIGH ANGLED JUMP, WHICH COMES DOWN RIGHT INTO YUKI’S FACE; HE SMASHES HER COLLARBONE WITH HIS LEFT FIST; IN HIS RIGHT HAND, HOWEVER, IS A KI SWORD; HE STABS HER RIGHT ABOVE THE EYES WITH THAT; SHE LETS OUT A SMALL CRY OF DISBELIEF AND GRABS THE SWORD, DISINTIGRATING IT; SHE PUSHES LEDAS BACK, AND CHOPS HIM TO HIS KNEES>
<HER TEETH BARED, YUKI PREPARES A DEATH BEAM>
<LEDAS SITS THERE, KNEELING ON ONE KNEE, LOOKING UP AT HER IN HIS DEFEAT; HE LOOKS ONE LAST TIME OVER TO CUBER, WHO IS SLOWLY MAKING HIS WAY AS CLOSE AS HE CAN; LEDAS LOOKS HIM IN THE EYES>
Ledas: <VOICELESS, HE MOUTHES THESE WORDS> What are you doing–
<TWO BLUE BEAMS SHOOT OUT OF CUBER’S EYES AND HIT LEDAS, SURROUNDING LEDAS IN A LAYER OF BLUE ENERGY; THE BEAMS DRAG LEDAS AND CUBER TOWARDS EACH OTHER AT A RIDICULOUS SPEED, WITH BOTH SHIELDING THEMSELVES WITH THEIR ARMS RIGHT BEFORE THEIR MERGING; OF COURSE, LEDAS JUST ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACK FROM THIS; CUBER WAS AT LEAST EXPECTING SOMETHING LIKE THIS>
<YUKI FIRES HER BEAM AT LEDAS, BUT IT MISSES; THE FUSION PROCESS HAS SENT HIM FAR, FAR AWAY>
<THIS COMMOTION GETS YUKI’S ATTENTION, WHO TURNS TO SEE A BRIGHT, BLUE, STATIONARY ENERGY SPHERE, AND THEN CHARGES AT IT; WHEN YUKI REACHES THE SPHERE, SHE IS PUNCHED STRAIGHT IN HER FACE AND TUMBLES BACKWARDS; ON THE GROUND, SHE LOOKS UP, SHIELDING HER EYES AS SHE LOOKS AT THIS PUZZLING NEW THING>
<THE LIGHT DIMS DOWN, RESULTING IN A NEW FIGURE WITH PHYSICAL FEATURES OF BOTH CUBER AND LEDAS; THE HAIR IS NOT QUITE AS TALL AS LEDAS’ WAS, BUT IT ACTUALLY HAS SOME SPIKES AND WHATNOT IN IT, WHICH WERE ALWAYS ABSENT FROM CUBER’S HAIR; THIS CHARACTER IS NEITHER AS OLD AS CUBER NOR AS YOUNG AS LEDAS; HE LOOKS TO BE ABOUT AS OLD AS VEGETA WAS WHEN HE FIRST CAME TO EARTH>
<THE FIGURE STEPS FORWARD, TILTING HIS HEAD; HE IS CLAD IN A BLACK EXOSKELETON THAT TAKES THE GENERAL SHAPE OF HIS BODY, BUT LEAVES HIS HEAD OPEN; THE INJURIES SUSTAINED BY BOTH FUSEES CAN BE SEEN ON THIS FUSION, BUT THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT HE IS DIRELY WOUNDED>
Cubas: <FLEXING HIS FINGERS; HE SPEAKS WITH NEITHER LEDAS’ OR CUBAS’ VOICE, BUT AN ALL NEW ONE; LIKE GOGETA IN THE BIG GREEN DUB> It still hurts all over. I thought this fusion was going to heal me.
Quoeyg: I never said it would heal you. But it does give you the advantage, even as weak as you two are.
<THE LEDAS PART OF CUBAS FREAKS OUT AT THIS VOICE INSIDE HIS HEAD, CAUSING CUBAS TO JUMP UP IN THE AIR, ABOUT THREE HUNDRED FEET; OF COURSE, NOW THAT QUOEYG HAS TALKED, THE LEDAS PART OF CUBAS IS NOW USED TO IT>
<WHEN HE COMES CRASHING DOWN, CUBAS HAS REGAINED HIS COMPOSURE; HE BRACES HIMSELF INTO THE GROUND, AND BEGINS CHARGING UP TO SUPER SAIYAN 2>
<CUBAS LOOKS OVER AT YUKI AS HE IS CHARGING; FROM BEHIND THE BITS OF LIGHTNING AND BRIGHT LIGHTS, HE SAYS ONE THING TO HER>
Cubas: You’re done.
- I came up with the title of this chapter. It is a reference to Swiper from Dora the Explorer. I had created this phrase long before joining the Dragon Ball Fanon. In fact, I believe I first came up with it during my first playthrough of Bioshock in 2007.
- The way Ledas hides from Yuki is like how Krillin and Gohan do so on Namek. They hid from Vegeta and Frieza's soldiers if I remember correctly.
- This chapter was one of the few negative experiences I had while writing the story. I wrote an extended section for Cuber finding the fusion device, where he waded through bodies of Mrovian soldiers floating in icy-cold water and had to deal with some failed fusions. It was a method to explain the fusion device more and build up to what Cuber was getting himself into. But Hyper Zergling removed almost all of it. Since this is a movie, I can understand why he did so, as the pacing needed to go quicker, but I do think adding that scene in would have made the fusion idea less forced and random.
- Cuber's line about the fusion device being more complicated was somewhat mocking of the fusion idea. It was one of those things that probably could have been more complicated, but it wasn't necessary for the plot or for the theory behind the device's way of working.
- From Yuki preparing her death beam to Ledas getting pulled to Cuber, I imagined the entire scene to be in slow motion.
- When Ledas is looking up, defeated, at Yuki, this is a reference to the ending of the movie, "The Patriot", where the main character is doing the very same to his opponent (just before killing him with a bit of trickery, spoilers!).
- Cubas could have been significantly stronger, but the fact that both Cuber and Ledas were near-death meant that their fusion was weaker too.
- The way in which Cubas fused was a point of emphasis for both of us collaborators. We didn't want them to fuse in a way that was similar in to Vegito or Gogeta. The fusion device is obviously an original way to fuse the two, but additionally, having the blue beams are shot out of Cuber's eyes, pulling Ledas towards him was our way of making this type of fusion unique.
- I find it hilarious that Quoeyg speaks again because it allowed me to write the part about Cubas jumping in the air in fright. Obviously, Ledas doesn't know about the brain-scouter interface, and thus didn't know about Quoeyg communicating with Cuber like that. That's one of those small parts of the story that is just handled so well, in my opinion.
- We mainly settled on Cubas using Super Saiyan 2 because neither member would know about Super Saiyan 3, and Super Saiyan 3 would make him too strong to fight Yuki. And since no other fusion ever goes Super Saiyan 2, this would allow for Cubas to differentiate himself even more from the others.
I Would Have Been Your Daddy
<CUBAS IS STANDING STILL, LOOKING AT YUKI, WHO IS ON THE GROUND; BOTH OF THEM ARE BRUISED AND BATTERED; CUBAS HAS SOME OPEN CUTS ON HIM; YUKI DOES NOT HAVE SUCH GRIEVIOUS WOUNDS ON HER, BUT SHE IS THE ONE LOOKING SCARED>
<THEY STAND THERE FOR A FEW MOMENTS; THEN, CUBAS WALKS FORWARD; HE TRIPS OVER HIMSELF; HE IS NOT USED TO THE BODY YET; YUKI USES THIS TIME TO ATTACK HIM>
<SHE PUNCHES AT HIM WILDLY, ALL OF THEM HITTING; CUBAS STUMBLES UP, TRYING TO BLOCK; HE IS A BIT LATE WITH HIS BLOCKS, SO YUKI REMAINS DOMINANT; SHE BEGINS A DIZZYING DISPLAY OF FINGER JABS INTO CUBAS’ FACE; THIS CAUSES HIM TO FALL BACKWARD; HOWEVER, BEFORE HE CAN HIT THE GROUND, SHE CATCHES HIM WITH HER FEET AND KICKS HIM UP TO THE AIR; SHE PURSUES IMMEDIATELY; HE COUNTERS THIS BY AFTERIMAGING OUT OF THE WAY; AS YUKI GOES FLYING BY CUBAS, HE SPINS AROUND AND ELBOWS HER IN THE FACE; SHE IS IMMEDIATELY KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS, AND FALLS; CUBAS FOLLOWS THIS UP WITH A TWO HANDED CRIMSON ENERGY BEAM; THIS HITS YUKI, SENDING HER TO THE GROUND>
<CUBAS LANDS ON ONE FOOT, SLIGHTLY STUMBLING; HE MOVES UP TO YUKI’S CRATER, FINDING HER UNMOVING WITHIN IT; HE STARTS CHARGING UP ANOTHER ENERGY BLAST TO FINISH HER OFF; HIS AURA AT THIS POINT IS MASSIVE>
<YUKI, HOWEVER, IS AWAKE NOW; SHE SITS UP, AND LOOKS AT CUBAS INTENTLY>
Yuki: What are you? <HISSING> You both combined together. How did you do that?!
<CUBAS DOESN’T ANSWER; HE ANGLES HIS BEAM AT HER; YUKI GOES 100% POWER AS QUICKLY AS SHE CAN; HER OWN AURA IS EQUAL IN SIZE TO CUBAS; CUBAS FIRES HIS BEAM; YUKI CATCHES THE BLAST, WHICH BURNS HER HANDS, BUT DOES NOT KILL HER; WITH ALL HER MIGHT, SHE PUTS HER LEGS DOWN IN A LOCKED POSITION AND PUSHES THE BEAM BACK TO CUBAS; CUBAS DID NOT EXPECT THIS, SO HE IS HIT SQUARE IN THE CHEST WITH IT; HE DROPS TO ONE KNEE AS HIS BODY SINGES AND HE FEELS THE PAIN>
<YUKI USES THIS TIME TO JUMP OVER CUBAS; SHE LANDS BEHIND HIM, AND SENDS OUT SIX SNOW BLADES INTO HIS BACK; THEY CUT INTO HIM, THEN EXPLODE; GETTING UP, CUBAS TURNS BACK AROUND TO YUKI AND CHARGES HER; SHE ATTEMPTS MORE SNOW BLADES, BUT CUBAS EASILY BATS THEM ASIDE; HE REACHES HER, AND GREETS HER WITH AN OPEN PALMED PUNCH TO THE FACE; YUKI STAGGERS BACK AND PUTS UP HER GUARD; CUBAS PUNCHES HER AGAIN, BUT SHE CATCHES HIS ARM AND THROWS HIM BACK; THEN, SHE TELEPORTS IN A BURST, THEN DOUBLE KICKS HIM ACROSS THE CHEST; YUKI THEN TRIES TO FLURRY ATTACK HIM>
<CUBAS, HOWEVER, HAS REGAINED HIS FOOTING, AND BLOCKS THESE, BY DODGING AND PUSHING HER HANDS AWAY; WHEN SHE TRIES A RATHER DEEP PUNCH, CUBAS SIDESTEPS IT, THEN COUNTERS WITH A KNEE TO HER STOMACH; THEN, CUBAS GRABS YUKI’S STILL OUTSTRETCHED HAND, AND PULLS DOWN ON IT WHILE KICKING UP, THUS BREAKING IT; YUKI SCREAMS OUT; SHE CREATES A SMALL TEARDROP SHAPED BLAST IN HER OTHER HAND, AND USES THAT TO BLAST CUBAS BACK; AS CUBAS COVERS HIS BLINDED AND BURNING EYES, YUKI FOLLOWS UP WITH A DEATH BEAM, WHICH GOES RIGHT THROUGH CUBAS’ RIGHT SHOULDER; HE YELLS OUT IN FRUSTRATION BEFORE CREATING A HUGE ENERGY WAVE AROUND HIM; THIS BLOWS YUKI PRETTY FAR BACK; CUBAS DOES NOT PURSUE, HOWEVER, AS HIS EYES ARE STILL BLINDED FROM THAT POINT-BLANK BLAST>
<HE FURIOUSLY BLINKS UNTIL HE CAN START SEEING BLACK AND GREY FUZZINESS AROUND HIM; THE CAMERA IS IN FIRST PERSON, AND IT SHOWS HIM PUT HIS ARMS OUT, AND SLOWLY REGAIN THE SIGHT TO SEE THEM; AS HIS EYES CLEAR, HE LOOKS UP, AND SEES YUKI COMING RIGHT AT HIM>
<SHE PUNCHES AT HIM, BUT HE CATCHES HER HAND WITH HIS LEFT HAND, AND FLIPS HER OVER HIM, SLAMMING YUKI DOWN ON THE GROUND; SHE SPINS AROUND ON THE GROUND, KICKING CUBAS, AND MAKING HIM FALL; SHE JUMPS UP AND BACKFLIPS UP, USING HER TWO LEGS AS LEVERAGE AGAINST CUBAS>
<SHE STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF CUBAS, STARING HIM DOWN; HE LOOKS UP AT HER, HOLDING HIS RIGHT, WOUNDED SHOULDER; SUDDENLY, SHE CREATES A PULSE BEAM, A MASSIVE FINGER BEAM THAT IS QUITE DEADLY; CUBAS ATTEMPTS A COUNTER, WITH A YELLOW FINGER BEAM OF HIS OWN>
<THE TWO BEAMS CLASH, SHOOTING THE DUST UP; A GREAT WIND COMES ABOUT, AND BLOWS THE TWO BACK FROM THE POINT WHERE THE TWO BEAMS ARE CLASHING; YUKI IS PUTTING ALL OF HER ENERGY INTO THIS, AND CUBAS IS PUTTING MOST OF HIS; CUBAS PUTS MORE OF HIS OWN ENERGY INTO IT, NEARING HIS MAXIMUM, AND STARTS TO OVERPOWER YUKI RATHER EASILY; SHE SCREAMS OUT CURSES TO HIM, BUT HE DOESN’T LISTEN>
<JUST BEFORE THE BEAM OVERTAKES YUKI, CUBAS STOPS PUTTING MORE ENERGY IN; HE KEEPS THE BEAM RIGHT AT HER FINGERS>
Cubas: <IN HIS MIND> No, too easy.
<CUBAS GINGERLY RAISES HIS FREE, WOUNDED ARM, AND AIMS IT AT YUKI; WITH THAT, HE SENDS OFF SMALL HOMING FINGER BEAMS, WHICH RUSH OVER TO YUKI, IGNORING THE CURRENT BEAM STRUGGLE; THEY ALL HIT HER IN THE FACE, CUTTING AND RIPPING HER FLESH UP; BLOOD POURS OUT>
Yuki: STOP! YOU FOOL! STOP IT!
Cubas: <CLEARLY LEDAS’ SIDE> No, you deserve it.
<HE CONTINUES SHOOTING HER, CAUSING YUKI TO MAKE THE DECISION HERSELF TO GIVE UP THE BEAM STRUGGLE; AS SHE IS CONTINUOUSLY PUMMELED BY THE ENERGY, SHE FALTERS, AND LOSES ENOUGH ENERGY FOR THE BEAM TO OVERTAKE HER; THE LIGHT AND FORCE OF THE EXPLOSION CAUSE THE SCREEN TO GO ALL WHITE FOR ABOUT THREE PANELS>
<THEN, THE CAMERA COMES BACK, LOOKING ON CUBAS, WHO IS CROUCHING ON ONE KNEE, HOLDING HIS BLOODY SHOULDER; YUKI IS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN; AS HE STANDS UP AND MOVES FORWARD, CUBAS SEES A LONG STREAK OF BURNT BLOOD IN A RAGGED LINE LEADING ABOUT HALF A MILE AWAY; YUKI IS LAYING, UNMOVING, AND IN A POOL OF HER OWN BLOOD, AT THE END OF IT; CUBAS LANDS IN FRONT OF HER>
Cubas: I can still sense you, so get up.
<YUKI RAISES HER HEAD AT HIM, AND SHOOTS WHAT ENERGY SHE HAS LEFT AT HIM>
Yuki: What does it matter? You’ll kill me anyway?
Cubas: <WALKS RIGHT UP TO HER> That’s right.
<CUBAS RAISES HIS RIGHT PALM AT YUKI, WITH HIS LEFT HAND HOLDING UP HIS RIGHT ARM; A TRANSLUCENT BLUE-AND-BLACK ENERGY SPHERE FORMS IN FRONT OF HIS PALM; HE SCREAMS OUT AT THE PAIN OF USING HIS WOUNDED ARM AND GATHERING UP ALL HIS ENERGY; YUKI WATCHES>
Cubas: Any last words? Or are you too much like your father?
Yuki: <GLARE> Look at me, Monkey!
<CUBAS DOES SO>
<EVERYTHING BECOMES WHITE WITH AN EXPLODING SOUND ACCOMPANYING THE BLINDING LIGHT; WHEN THE LIGHT DIMS SLIGHTLY, CUBAS IS SEEN FIRING HIS ENERGY BEAM OFF INTO THE SKY IN ORDER TO AVOID DESTROYING THE PLANET ACCIDENTALLY; HE SNAPS HIS AURA OFF, IN EXTREME FRUSTRATION>
<CUTS TO YUKI, WHO FLIES TOWARDS HER OWN SHIP AND DESTROYS IT WITH A SIMPLE ENERGY SPHERE; SHE STOPS, IN MIDAIR, LOOKING AROUND; HER SMOLDERING SHIP IS RIGHT BELOW HER>
Yuki: Ignorant monkey! He doesn’t realize I can still win! Now where are their ships?!
<SHE TAKES OFF, UP INTO THE AIR, AND USES HER GREAT VISION TO LOOK DOWN OVER THE PLAINS LAND TO FIND THE TWO PODS OF THE SAIYANS; AND THEN SHE SPIES ONE, ON TOP OF A SIMPLE PLATEAU>
<SHE QUICKLY GOES AFTER CUBER’S SHIP AND DESTROYS IT; STRUGGLING TO SUPPRESS THE PAIN, WHICH HAS ALMOST OVERTAKEN HER AT THIS POINT; THE BLOOD LOSS AND DELIRIUM WILL SEND HER INTO SHOCK SOON; SHE FLIES AROUND THE PLANET’S ATMOSPHERE, DESPERATELY SEARCHING FOR LEDAS’ MODE OF TRANSPORTATION; FORTUNATELY FOR HER, SHE FINDS THE SPACE POD SOON ENOUGH AND FLIES STRAIGHT ABOVE IT; SHE RAISES HER INDEX FINGER ABOVE HER HEAD AND CHARGES A DULL-BLUE ENERGY SPHERE; WHEN THE SPHERE REACHES ABOUT THREE METERS IN DIAMETER, YUKI HURLS IT ONTO LEDAS’ SPACE POD; THE ATTACK OBLITERATES THE POD AND KEEPS TRAVELING THROUGH THE PLANET’S INTERIOR; YUKI LANDS AT THE EDGE OF THE HOLE SHE CREATED>
Yuki: <BREATHING HARD; HOARSE> Now, I win!
<YUKI IS SO PROUD AT HERSELF, SHE DOESN’T HEAR CUBAS LAND BEHIND HER; HE DOESN’T EVEN BOTHER TO TALK TO HER; INSTEAD, HE SHOOTS A SMALL KI BLAST, WHICH SENDS HER FALLING FORWARD; BEFORE HE KILLS HER, HOWEVER, CUBAS NOTICES THE GLOWING HOLE IN THE PLANET’S CRUST>
Cubas: <OUTRAGED> What… what did you do?!
<YUKI ROLLS OVER AND SITS UP>
Yuki: <TO HERSELF> Just a minute or so, and it’ll be done… <TO CUBAS> You’re late. This place will all be destroyed in a few seconds. <TURNS AROUND> The planet will blow up, and you will die. I’ll survive in space and avenge my father, and there is nothing you can–
<CUBAS FIRES A CRIMSON ENERGY BLAST, CUTTING YUKI MIDSENTENCE; WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARS, YUKI’S SKIN IS CHARRED TO BROWN AND BLACK, BUT SHE IS BREATHING, INDICATING THAT SHE IS STILL ALIVE; THE ENERGY WAVE CUBAS FIRED WAS DELIBERATELY MADE TO BE JUST WEAK ENOUGH TO NOT KILL HER>
<YUKI’S EYES ARE CLOSED, BUT SHE IS CONSCIOUS; SHE SPEAKS TO CUBAS AS SOON AS SHE HE GRABS HER BY THE NECK, AND PULLS HER UP TO HIS FACE>
Yuki: Y-you c-c-an’t sur…vive in sp-pace.
Cubas: Say hello to your father for me.
<CUBAS CREATES A KI SWORD IN HIS FREE HAND, AND SLICES IT CLEANLY ACROSS THE SCREEN; THIS DECAPITATES YUKI; NO BLOOD COMES OUT AS THE BLADE CAUTERIZED THE WHERE IT CUT; YUKI’S HEADLESS CORPSE FALLS TO THE LEFT WITH A GENTLE THUD>
<CUBAS CREATES A ROUND ENERGY BARRIER AROUND HIM; HE KNOWS THAT EVEN SURVIVING THE PLANET'S EXPLOSION, HE WILL RUN OUT OF AIR QUITE SOON (PROBABLY IN THREE TO FOUR DAYS), PERHAPS BEFORE HE CAN FIND A HABITABLE PLANET>
<CUBAS TAKES ONE DEEP BREATH, AND THE PLANET EXPLODES>
<THE CAMERA IS SHOWN FROM SPACE AS PLANET TYPHON IS DESTROYED; THERE IS NO SOUND, OF COURSE, BECAUSE THIS IS SPACE, BUT THERE IS A BRIGHT LIGHT, AND PLENTY OF DEBRIS, AND NO SIGN WHATSOEVER OF IF CUBAS SURVIVED IT>
- Hyper Zergling came up with this chapter's name, and it is (naturally) a Halo reference.
- Yuki's fight versus Cubas is almost like Frieza versus Super Saiyan Goku. Of course, we didn't want to use any new Super Saiyan forms (or Super Saiyan 3, as mentioned in the notes last chapter) so fusion was our way of continuing the parallel.
- I don't remember who wrote the majority of the Cubas/Yuki fight. I know we both contributed to it significantly, though.
- The first-person section with Cuber was inspired by the first-person cutscenes featured in Halo: Reach.
- Hyper Zergling and I agree that the part of Cubas that would torture Yuki was more likely to be Ledas' side. Cuber is a bit mild for a Saiyan, but he is still a Saiyan. So it could also be just having two Saiyan minds thinking alike. Regardless, because both characters are Saiyans, and are not true "heroes" in the sense that Goku is, they are not above torturing and hurting their victims. In this case, due to Yuki attacking them like she did in earlier chapters, they are just getting vengeance for her hurting their bodies and pride.
- While Ledas' pod is destroyed, he did not have anything in it (aside from some food and water), so he didn't lose anything.
- Yuki thinks she can win because by destroying Typhon, she can watch the fusion die from lack of oxygen. It's really quite clever, considering the dire position she was in. Too bad she didn't realize it would take several moments for the planet to explode (thus allowing Cubas time to kill her).
- When Cubas does that fury attack that chars Yuki's skin, that is probably the most brutal attack anyone has ever done in one of our fanons (up to that point). I mean, she was essentially given third or fourth degree burns over her entire body... and she was still alive. An attack like that would actually be a mercy to kill her instead. Instead, she survives, and has to live through that awful pain for a few more moments.
- Of course, Ledas doesn't know who Nitro is. So Cubas' last bit of dialogue in the chapter is all Cuber. And it's badass.
- Yuki's death was something Hyper Zergling and I didn't really discuss. I don't remember who came up with the decapitation, but there was no dispute from either side once it was brought up. It was clearly the best way to end her.
- The way that Cubas creates a barrier around him is like how Broly does so to escape Planet Vegeta in his first movie.
- I specifically noted that there would be no sound when Typhon exploded, because there is no sound in space. Some movies (Star Wars, Star Trek) just ignore this for cinematic effect, but it's not something that I wanted to do. The lack of sound was fitting in this case, so it was kept realistic.
DON’T GO HOME
<TWO MONTHS AFTER THE DESTRUCTION OF PLANET TYPHON>
<CUBAS IS ON A BED, SLEEPING; HE IS IN A WELL LIT ROOM, OVERLOOKING A VALLEY; THERE IS A TREE OUTSIDE THE WINDOW-ENERGY SHIELD; THERE ARE THREE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM; QUOEYG IS ONE OF THEM; THE OTHER TWO ARE NAMELESS MROVIAN SCIENTISTS; AS CUBAS IS HOOKED UP TO A MONITOR SHOWING HIS VITALS, THESE THREE ARE WATCHING WITH GREAT INTENT>
<CUBAS WAKES UP, SUDDENLY, CAUSING THE THREE MROVIANS TO TURN TO HIM; HE LOOKS AROUND, PUZZLED AT HOW HE GOT BACK HERE>
Cubas: Why are we back here?
Quoeyg: You were brought back here by Chaiva. She went looking for you after you stormed off. I insisted she stay, but she was quite adamant to find you.
Cubas: Where is she now?
Quoeyg: At your house, but you can’t go there now.
<CUBAS STANDS UP>
Cubas: What, why not?!
Quoeyg: <PATIENTLY> You are still fused. Do you not remember?
Cubas: <LOOKS DOWN AT HIS HANDS, AND SEES IT> Oh, right. Well, how do we defuse?
Quoeyg: It’s rather simple. We’ll take it off for you.
<QUOEYG AND THE OTHER TWO COME FORWARD; CUBAS SITS ON THE EDGE OF THE BED AS THEY RUN THEIR HANDS ALL OVER HIM, PULLING AND PUSHING BUTTONS ON THE DEVICE, WHICH IS STRAPPED TO THE BACK OF HIS NECK; THEY PULL HIS HAIR, AND HE GROANS AS THEY UNDO HIS CLOTHES, AND FOLLOW THE DEVICE DOWN CUBER’S BACK; THEY UNHOOK IT AND ALL THAT STUFF; THEN QUOEYG PUSHES THE RELEASE BUTTON; A BRIGHT LIGHT ENCOMPASSES THE ROOM>
<WHEN IT CLEARS, CUBER IS STANDING AT THE END OF THE BED; HE IS BRUISED, AND HAS WOUNDS, BUT THEY ARE MOSTLY TENDED TO; HE IS WEARING HIS ARMOR, HOWEVER>
<LEDAS IS THERE TOO, AND HE IS STANDING ON THE BED; HE IS BACK IN HIS OWN EARTH CLOTHES>
<LEDAS MOVES HIS HEAD ABOUT, AS IF HE HAS WATER IN HIS EARS; HE IS NOT USED TO HEARING THE MROVIANS TALK IN HIS MIND>
Scientist 1: This is the only fusion device we have left. We’ll need to clean it up before trying again.
<QUOEYG NODS, AND HIS TWO SCIENTISTS LEAVE>
Quoeyg: Did you manage to kill your attacker?
Cuber: Yeah, she’s dead now. <HE TURNS TO LEAVE>
Quoeyg: Where are you going, Cuber?
Cuber: To see Chaiva.
<HE EXITS OUT BEFORE QUOEYG CAN TELL HIM HOW HORRIBLE AN IDEA THAT IS; QUOEYG TURNS TO FACE THE YOUNGER SAIYAN, WHO IS STANDING ON THE BED IN HIS SOCKS>
Ledas: <STARING AT QUOEYG> Gimme a ship!
Quoeyg: You wish to leave? <LEDAS NODS> Follow me, then.
<QUOEYG OPENS THE DOOR; LEDAS JUMPS OFF THE BED, AND FOLLOWS HIM OUT>
<CUTS TO CUBER, WHO ARRIVES BACK AT HIS HOUSE>
<HE DOESN’T EVEN KNOCK; HE GOES RIGHT THROUGH HIS LITTLE ENERGY DOOR; CAMERA REMAINS OUTSIDE THE HOUSE, ON THE GROUND>
<MOMENTS LATER, YELLS ARE HEARD; THEN, SUDDENLY, CUBER IS THROWN OUT OF THE HOUSE, AND LANDS HARD ON HIS BACK; HE SCOWLS AND WINCES TO HIMSELF>
Cuber: Crazy bitch. <HE STANDS UP; HE SHOUTS TO CHAIVA> Fine, I won’t be back! I’m leaving.
<AS HE GETS UP TO LEAVE, CHAIVA TELEPORTS IN FRONT OF HIM; SHE IS QUITE ANGRY>
Chaiva: You’re not going anywhere.
Cuber: <NOT BACKING DOWN> I’ll do what I want.
Chaiva: You’ve got a kid, don’t you know? He’s in the house right now.
Cuber: A kid? You mean–
Chaiva: You know what you’re supposed to do. Go train your son.
<SHE WALKS PAST HIM>
Cuber: Hey?! Where are you going?
Chaiva: <THRUSTS HER CHIN UP, LOOKING BACK AT CUBER FOR A MOMENT, THEN CONTINUING ON> Hmph.
<CUTS BACK TO QUOEYG, WHO HAS BROUGHT LEDAS TO THE EDGE OF A GIANT AREA, WHERE THERE IS A SHIPYARDS>
Quoeyg: Did it hurt when you two fused?
Ledas: I didn’t feel anything. It was weird, though. Once we were fused, it hurt pretty bad.
Quoeyg: How bad?
Ledas: Well, that other guy was pretty beat up. I could feel all of his wounds once we fused.
Quoeyg: Indeed, we are here now.
<THE SCREEN SHOWS THE SHIPYARDS, WHICH HAS MANY MROVIAN SPACE SHIPS; LEDAS, OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT LIKE HOW BIG THEY ARE, OR HOW THEY LOOK; HOWEVER, QUOEYG TAKES HIM PAST THESE, PAST THE DOZENS OF MROVIANS WORKING ON THEM, AND PATROLLING ABOUT, AND TO A SMALL ENCLAVE WITHIN THE SOUTHWESTERN WING OF THE COMPLEX>
<WITHIN THIS AREA, IS A ROW OF SAIYAN SPACE PODS; THE TWO STEP INTO IT>
Quoeyg: We have replicated Cuber’s starship type, in case his current one was ever destroyed. In this case, we have enough for you to take one. As well, your armor was damaged and we have repaired it, but you may want to upgrade. Your current model is only a class 2. You should upgrade to our class 12 immediately.
Ledas: Class 12?
<QUOEYG NODS, SNAPPING HIS FINGERS; TWO SMALL DRONES COME FLYING OVER AND COAT LEDAS’ BODY IN LIGHT; AS THEY CIRCLE HIM, THE LIGHT BECOMES TO BRIGHT TO SEE HIS FIGURE; THEY GO AROUND A FEW MORE TIMES, AND THEN STOP, STOPPING THE LIGHT; LEDAS IS NOW WEARING A MROVIAN BATTLE SUIT, HELMET AND ALL; IT IS STANDARD ISSUE AND STANDARD COLOR>
Quoeyg: There, that’s better.
Ledas: <LOOKING AROUND, FEELING THE ARMOR; OXYGENATED POP FROM WEARING HELMET> Whoa…
Quoeyg: Now Ledas, your ship awaits…
Ledas: <STEPS FORWARD> Awesome. <HE WALKS DOWN THE LINE, LOOKING OVER THEM ALL; HE FINALLY SETTLES DOWN ON ONE> I’ll take this one.
<QUOEYG NODS, AND USES HIS TECHNICIANS TO UNLOCK THE POD FOR HIM; AT THIS TIME, CHAIVA COMES INO THE ROOM, FOLLOWED BY CUBER>
Cuber: Chaiva, we have to talk about this!
<SHE IGNORES HIM AND OPENS A POD DOOR; SHE STEPS INSIDE, SITTING DOWN AND FOLDING HER ARMS; SHE CLOSES HER EYES AND TURNS HER HEAD; SHE WILL NOT TALK TO CUBER>
Quoeyg: Chaiva, are you leaving too?
Chaiva: I’ll think about it.
<SHE IGNORES QUOEYG NOW TOO; CUBER SHAKES HIS HEAD; HE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT TO DO; TURNING TO QUOEYG, HE SEES LEDAS, RECOGNIZING HIM BY HIS POWER LEVEL AS HIS APPEARANCE IS SURELY CONCEALED>
Cuber: You’re still here?
Ledas: Yeah, so?
Cuber: A few months ago, there were a couple huge power levels coming from the direction I was going, until Yuki showed up. Happen to know who made them?
Ledas: <NOT LOOKING AT CUBER; HE IS FEELING OVER HIS NEW POD> Oh, yeah I know.
Cuber: <NOT CALM> Well, who were they?
Ledas: Vegeta and the others.
Cuber: Vegeta? Our Prince? Are you sure?
Ledas: <OPENS THE DOOR TO HIS POD AND STEPS IN> Yeah, he’s alive. I was just training with him the other day.
Cuber: <IMMEDIATELY> How many other Saiyans are alive?!
<LEDAS LOOKS AT HIM FOR ABOUT THREE SECONDS>
Ledas: Uh, Vegeta is. And Goku. And Gohan. And Trunks. And Goten. And…
Cuber: All right, all right. That’s enough.
Ledas: Why’d you ask? Do you want to see them?
Cuber: No, they wouldn’t know who I was anyway. Besides, they’re a helluva lot stronger than me, so…
<CUBER TRAILS OFF>
Ledas: Yeah, okay.
Quoeyg: Cuber, are you planning on leaving with these two? I can have a pod ready at once.
Cuber: <SIGHS> I can’t. You know, the baby and all.
Quoeyg: Oh yes! Splendid, isn’t he? It’s a pity you weren’t here for Skall’s birth.
Cuber: Yeah, well, I’ve got to take care of him now. Because someone <HE NODS TO CHAIVA> won’t. <SHE DOESN’T RESPOND> Whatever.
<HE WALKS OFF; AT THIS, CHAIVA LOOKS OUT OF HER POD; LEDAS IS CLIMBING INTO HIS OWN; HE STILL HAS THE FULL ARMOR ON, BUT HIS TAIL IS POKING OUT SO SHE CAN SEE IT’S HIM>
Chaiva: Hey you.
Ledas: <SPINNING AROUND> What?
Chaiva: Wherever you’re going, take me with you.
Ledas: Wait, why? Isn’t Cuber your–
Chaiva: Quiet. I need a vacation. You’re going back to where Vegeta is, aren’t you?
Chaiva: Good, I’ve always wanted to meet him.
Ledas: I’ll race ya back. Betcha can’t keep up!
<LEDAS JUMPS IN HIS POD AND TAKES OFF; CHAIVA CLOSES HER DOOR AND FOLLOWS; FROM THERE ON OUT, LEDAS LEADS CHAIVA THROUGH SPACE>
<AND THEN, AFTER A FEW HOURS OF TRAVELING, LEDAS REMEMBERS ABOUT THE PYRAMID, THE BENEFACTOR’S PRISON; AND HE REMEMBERS HOW HE HAD FORGOTTEN IT ON THE PLANET, HOW HE HAD NOT BROUGHT IT WITH HIM TO TYPHON; IT SHOWS A BRIEF SCENE FROM BEFORE, OF HIM LEAVING THE ICE PLANET, AND THE PYRAMID BEING LEFT HALF SUBMERGED IN THE ICE>
Ledas: <SHORT OF BREATH; OVER THE COMM> We havta stop one place first.
Chaiva: Make it quick, kid. <THEY TRAVEL FOR A FEW DAYS UNTIL LEDAS INPUTS THE COORDINATES TO THE ICE PLANET; THEY BOTH LAND THERE; IT HAS FRESHLY SNOWED, SO THERE ARE NO TRACKS, NOR ANY SIGN OF WHEN HE WAS HERE PREVIOUSLY; HOWEVER, HE CAN SEE THE SAME TREES AND THE SAME HILL FROM WHERE HE WAS HERE PREVIOUSLY; HE JUMPS OUT OF HIS POD AND RUNS OUT INTO THE SNOW>
<CHAIVA IS THE SMART ONE, AND STAYS IN HER NICE WARM POD; SHE PLAYS WITH HER JOYSTICK>
<LEDAS USES A BURNING ATTACK TO MELT AWAY THE SNOW; HE FLIES BACK AND FORTH, AND ELIMINATES SNOW FROM WITHIN MILES IN EACH DIRECTION; THERE ARE A FEW OF THOSE BUGS TOO, BUT HE INCINERATES THEM WITH NO PROBLEM>
<HE CANNOT FIND ANYTHING HOWEVER, THOUGH HE CONTINUES TO SEARCH; AT THIS TIME, THE SCREEN GOES INTO RAPID TIME LAPSE, SHOWING LEDAS FLYING ABOUT ALL DAY; HOWEVER, HE FINDS NOTHING; THE PYRAMID IS COMPLETELY GONE; HE LANDS, PACING RAPIDLY, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO>
<IT STARTS SNOWING AGAIN, QUITE BADLY; CHAIVA CONTACTS LEDAS THROUGH HIS WRIST GUARD>
Chaiva: We should leave. It’s getting pretty brutal out.
Ledas: I know.
<LEDAS STANDS STILL, LOOKING OUT OVER THE BLANKETTED TUNDRAS ONE LAST TIME; HE STANDS THERE LONG ENOUGH FOR LOTS OF SNOW TO GET IN HIS HAIR; THEN, AT LAST, HE TURNS; IN HIS HAND, HE CREATES AN ENERGY BEAM; WITHOUT LOOKING AT IT, OR EVEN LETTING IT MODIFY HIS WALKING AT ALL, HE STOPS AND SHOOTS A BLUE BLAST DOWN TO THE GROUND AT HIS SIDE>
<IT CREATES A BLAST ABOUT TWO FEET IN DIAMETER, WHICH GOES DOWN INCREDIBLY DEEP INTO THE PLANET; THE BEAM IS CONTINUOUS, SENDING KI DOWNWARD FOR HALF A MINUTE; THEN, IT FINISHES; LEDAS BUNDLES HIMSELF UP AND JUMPS IN HIS POD; HIS POD LEADS CHAIVA OUT, AND THE TWO TAKE TO SPACE>
<DOWN BEHIND FROM WHERE LEDAS’ POD HAD BEEN SITTING AS HE HAD SEARCHED THE PLANET, THE SCREEN ZOOMS IN ON; UNLIKE THE REST OF THE AREA, WHICH WAS SMOOTH, AND TRACKLESS, THIS SMALL PATCH HAS A SET OF TRACKS ON THEM; THEY ARE LONG, CLAWED, BUT THERE ARE ONLY TWO PER AN AREA; AS IF THE CREATURE THAT WAS WALKING HERE WAS A BIPEDAL REPTILE, NOT ONE OF THE COUNTLESS, MINDLESS BUGS THAT OTHERWISE INHABITED>
<WEEKS PASS BEFORE LEDAS AND CHAIVA ARRIVE ON EARTH>
<WHEN THEY LAND, IT IS NOVEMBER AND THE TREES ARE ALL LOSING THEIR LEAVES; THEY LAND IN FRONT OF CAPSULE CORP; VEGETA IS TRAINING INSIDE HIS GRAVITY CHAMBER, WHICH IS OUTSIDE THE GATE>
<AS THEY LAND, LEDAS GREETS VEGETA, BUT THEN STARTS WALKING HOME; CHAIVA, HOWEVER, GETS OUT OF HER POD AND GOES STRAIGHT TOWARD VEGETA, STARING HIM DOWN; THE PRINCE STOPS TRAINING AND LOOKS AT HER; LEDAS, BEING COMPLETELY UNINTERESTED, WALKS BACK HOME>
<CUTS TO THE NEXT DAY, AT ABOUT 6PM; LEDAS IS BUSY OUTSIDE HIS HOUSE; HE HAS HIS MROVIAN ARMOR ALL LAID OUT ON A BENCH, AND IS USING SPRAY PAINT THAT RYORI GAVE HIM TO MAKE THE COLORS ALL BETTER; AS HE’S DOING THIS, CHAIVA COMES BY; SHE IS ALL BEAT UP AFTER AN INTENSE BATTLE WITH VEGETA>
Ledas: Heya, Miss! <CHAIVA STOPS WALKING AND TURNS AROUND; LEDAS HAS ALREADY SEEN HER TAIL> Aren’t you stayin’ with Vegeta?
Chaiva: Are you crazy? Of course not.
Ledas: <WORKING THE COLORS> You can stay here if you want. Ryori won’t mind.
Chaiva: <SHE TURNS FULLY TO FACE LEDAS> Fine, I will stay with you. I’m tired, so take me inside now.
Ledas: Um, all right. But why do I have to come too?
Chaiva: That’s the whole point.
<THE SUN IS SETTING BEHIND; LEDAS LEADS CHAIVA AWAY FROM THE WORKSTATION, AROUND TO WHERE THE FROM DOOR IS; SHE FOLLOWS LEDAS WITHOUT ANOTHER WORD>
<CAMERA IS FROM BEHIND, AS THE TWO ARE WALKING>
Ledas: <IN REFERENCE TO WHAT HE JUST SAW> You know, I’m a Saiyan too.
<CHAIVA DOES NOT RESPOND; INSTEAD, SHE SLOWLY WALKS BEHIND HIM, ADMIRING HIS HECKA LONG TAIL>
- This chapter's name was created by me. It is a reference to "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. At one point in the story, the main character, Pip, gets a letter that says "DON'T GO HOME".
- I find it hilarious that Cubas doesn't even realize he's still fused. The Ledas part of him must have been asleep or something.
- Cuber is so typical of a Hyper Zergling character. He leaves to go find Chaiva without even acknowledging Ledas. I don't think Ledas minded, though.
- Ledas' dialogue to Quoeyg mimics my own impatience to get Ledas off of Mrov. It reads pretty hilariously though.
- Cuber is supposed to train his son. Hyper Zergling and I think that it would make the most sense that in Saiyan culture, the father would train his sons from birth.
- In a way, it's kind of sad how Chaiva saved Cubas. Perhaps she just wanted to do it for her son's sake. At that point, at least, she didn't seem very enamored of Cuber, nor his Cuber-sized penis.
- Quoeyg's remark about Ledas' armor strength (being a mere 2! A 2!) is a reference to Halo 1's level, "The Library", where 343 Guilty Spark says the same to the Master Chief.
- I wanted Ledas to get some sweet Mrovian armor because I was really digging Mega Man at the time. So I sort of wanted him to have his own version of that armor. I also used similar armor in The Last Saiyan. Ledas wears his Mrovian armor in Other World, and I had Malik666 draw Ledas' Super Saiyan 3 form with him wearing the Mrovian armor.
- Cuber's reason for not going to Earth is pretty funny. No one would know him anyway! It's not a bad reason, though. Hyper Zergling specifically wanted that in the story. While I thought we had at least one version of the story that featured Cuber going to Earth, HZ says that is not so, and that he always had Cuber stay on Mrov.
- Getting Chaiva to go with Ledas to Earth is pretty much the whole reason this story exists. More about that next chapter, though.
- Chaiva actually masturbates with her joystick while waiting for Ledas to find TB's mind prison. True fact.
- Ledas' side-plot is wrapped up in this chapter. He was never meant to find TB's prison (that was the reason he lost it in the first place). This side-plot was written because I wanted a reason for TB to be with Ledas in The Last Saiyan's prologue. So that was all intentional. As to how The Benefactor got out, I'm sure some bug opened the thing and he easily traded places with it.
- Ledas destroyed Niflheim because he thought that if he didn't find the prison, destroying the planet would destroy it too. The prison would not be destroyed so easily, so that would not work. Ledas did not know that, however. And it wouldn't matter, as the text hints that The Benefactor was already loose at that point.
- I never call Niflheim by its name in the text because I never even saw it named during the original draft.
- I do wonder if Chaiva originally wanted to fuck the Prince (that would be an ego trip for her, no doubt). Who knows, maybe she fantasized about it when she was a girl? But seeing Vegeta married, that obviously could not happen.
- You know what they say about Saiyan tail length... That was the necessary build up to Bedtime. The story ended with Chaiva seeing Ledas' tail and being attracted to him sexually. Of course, there is technically one more scene, but it is redacted. So in a cut version, that would be the end of this movie (or saga, in HZ's case).
<END DRAGON BALL: COLD VENGEANCE>
- The two prior redacted scenes are in The Forgotten. The first is in chapter 42. The second redacted scene is in chapter 70.
- Bedtime was not posted until after all of the rest of the story was completed. Even so, the link wasn't even put up until a day after the end of the last chapter.
- Bedtime was uploaded to Hyper Zergling's deviantart because I couldn't remember my password.
- Bedtime was written before any other chapter of Cold Vengeance was. Indeed, it was written before Cold Vengeance was even named. While other story ideas were created before Bedtime was written, after Bedtime was written, we had the proper impetus to write the rest of CV (and somehow end it with getting Chaiva to Earth to mate with Ledas).
- Bedtime was not a true collaborative chapter. I wrote all of it. Hyper Zergling only gave one suggestion after I wrote the first draft.
- The HZ contribution was that he wanted Chaiva to lactate (which would make sense, as she had given birth within the past few months). That wasn't something I was already into, but I did add it in. I also modified the beginning of the chapter to show that her horniness came from her feeling her swollen nipples.
- Bedtime was written spontaneously by me. We hadn't planned it, and we weren't even ready to write CV yet (or whatever CV was to become). I just sat down one day and did it.
- For some reason I briefly got into the lactating stuff after it was put in the chapter. However, that was just a passing fad, and I'm not into that right now.
- I fapped all while writing Bedtime. I did take a shower during the middle of it so I could collect my thoughts a bit better. But then I went back to writing and continued fapping. So in that sense, Bedtime is just me writing down my stream of consciousness while fapping. That is why they do a lot of different things. I mean, both Ryori and Ledas fuck all three of her holes and they even get some tittyfucking too (that's hot yo).
- I had Ryori take part just because it would be a little awkward just to have Chaiva and Ledas do it. Also, since Ryori and Ledas were living together, it wouldn't make sense for him to not take part.
- Ledas goes Super Saiyan when entering Chaiva's vagina because that is the point he loses his virginity. However, he is barely powered up when he goes Super Saiyan, so she is able to take him.
- Ryori cums 3 times in the chapter.
- Ledas cums 3 times in the chapter.
- Chaiva cums 2 times in the chapter.
- KidVegeta came 2 times while writing the chapter.
- Hyper Zergling has cum too many times to count from this chapter.
- I don't know why I had them fall asleep while still inside Chaiva. I just haven't seen many stories end that way, so I wanted to do it myself.
- The scene ends with everyone asleep. Thus, it is never shown for how long Chaiva stays on Earth or how more times she has fun with the boys.
- At one point, a Bedtime Part II was considered for the morning after. We never got around to it, but it could still be written, in all honesty.
- Brb fapping.
Dragon Ball: Cold Vengeance was my first serious collaboration, and certainly it was a good study in how different collaborations are than normal stories. Not everything I wanted in the story was added, and there was plenty of things I never thought of that made the story better. It was somewhat weird showing someone a "draft" of a story that wasn't up on the site yet (and still quite rough), and it was also weird writing for characters who don't belong to me. And much of the plot ideas were quite bizarre - which was a symptom of my boredom. The fact that Cuber and Ledas fuse, the fact that Yuki exists (as a weird looking hybrid thingy), and the fact that it ends in a grand sex scene was all quite daunting for the writing. If we didn't execute it well, each of those points could destroy the fanon. But they didn't.
Re-reading the story, I am very satisfied with it. I spent a good amount of time getting Ledas to continue to develop his post-TF character and advanced several plot narratives that would have been impossible otherwise. But obviously, not everything is perfect. Cuber really didn't have much personality, and some of the chapters could have been combined. I think the fact that this is a movie allows it to advance the narrative as quickly as it does, and by having less chapters (especially when considering that the first two chapters are so short), that feel would be more pronounced. But otherwise, the writing process was interesting and unique, and I wouldn't take it back if I could. I can't speak for Hyper Zergling, but I don't think he liked it as much as me. That's weird, though, because I wrote like 80% of the overall story, so he didn't have as much work to do as me. But considering how little of his stories he's written at all, 20% is still a helluva lot. I'd give CV an A+.
<---- Part 12
Part 12.2 ---->