|Planet Frieza 001|
Planet Frieza 001
|Featured in||Dragon Ball Z: The Forgotten|
|Pronunciation||plan-it freez-ah wuhn|
|Parent star type||A-type main-sequence|
|Orbital period||643.88 d|
|Equatorial radius||3169.6 km|
|Polar radius||3159.0 km|
|Surface area||39.8% land|
|Equatorial surface gravity||29.421 m/s2|
|Composition||78.02% nitrogen (N2)|
21.07% oxygen (O2)
0.18% carbon dioxide (CO2)
0.14% trace elements
|Sentient Species||Planet Trade Organization members, space pirates|
|Sentient species 1 population||0|
|Sentient species 2 population||2561|
|Number of major cities||32|
|Technology level||Tier 2|
History[edit | edit source]
Planet Frieza 001 was the planet Frieza, Zarbon, and the other Planet Trade Organization soldiers were seen on during the Outbreak: Paved In Blood special of Dragon Ball Z: The Forgotten. Frieza's soldiers picked up nearby energy spikes coming from planet Iyxia, prompting Frieza to gather up Zarbon and several thousand of his best soldiers to investigate. After they found The Benefactor, they likely returned to this planet. This planet was also seen in Scelerat, being the location of the great feast that Frieza held.
Planet Frieza was a very cold planet. It was covered in ice and snow and was frequented by heavy snowstorms. All of the Planet Trade Organization inhabitants lived in fortified military outposts across the planet. Frieza's own palace was part of the largest compound on the world. The world was also quite mountainous, and many of the cities were built directly on the sides of the mountains. Many of the cities were used to train new recruits and to trade resources with other Planet Trade Organization planets.
Notable facts[edit | edit source]
- This planet was Frieza's first. It was given to him by his father, King Cold.
- This planet is Frieza's Capitol planet. It his the nexus of his entire intergalactic empire.
- This planet serves the same function as Cooler's Stomping Grounds.
- After Frieza was killed, the various commanders on this planet fought with one another to take control of the late tyrant's empire. However, their battles were so bloody that they eliminated one another from contention. Those few soldiers who survived were easily crushed by roaming space pirates soon after. Their corpses still line the walls of the the cities on the planet.
- This planet was briefly renamed Planet Slagg after the famous, wealthy, powerful space pirate of the same name. Slagg is the main antagonist of KidVegeta's story, Sovereign. It is likely that Slagg still reigns over much of the planet.
- When Frieza acquired this planet from his father, he found a huge throne on it, wrought of pearl-white glossy stone. Frieza did not know who had built the throne, since the planet was an otherwise desolate tundra (with no other indications of sentient life). He built his palace around the throne and sat on it often, considering it the seat of power for his entire empire. It is speculated that this throne was created thousands or millions of years before Frieza's birth by an ancient group of warrior demons known as the Farthest Ones, during a period of time when they had ruled much of the universe.
- This planet is home to a species of firebirds. They glow orange like they are on fire and tend to eat wind-borne grain.
Population[edit | edit source]
- Planet Frieza 001's Planet Trade Organization population:
- At height: 232,162.
- At lowest point: 0.
- Planet Frieza 001's space pirate population:
- At height: 2561.
- At lowest point: 25.
Status[edit | edit source]
Planet Frieza 001 is still around.