- Writer note: Despite using the character of Goku's mother, her personality was changed to make her more badass and more saiyan than a "soft coward"
Destruction of planet Vegeta
- Main article: Dragon Ball Z TV Special 1 (BH version)
Some time after Kakarot was born, Gine along with her husband, Tora, Fasha, Shugesh and Borgos were taking over planets in Freeza's name, when a kannasan hits Bardock with the blow to see the future, Gine quickly avenged her husband by killing the kannasan but later Bardock collapsed. When waiting for Bardock to recover, the team went to planet Meat. After recovering, Gine and Bardock head over to that planet too, only to find out the team were owned by Dodoria, after killing Dodoria's men, Gine was killed by Dodoria's mouth beam who was protecting Bardock with that blast meant for him. She went to hell by King Yemma.
Just like all saiyans, Gine is an violent and blood thirsty woman but loves her kids and thus sents Kakarot to Earth to wipe out everyone, so he can make them proud. After being restored to life her evil personality was erased, and she loved spending time with her new family. After BH killed her son, husband and adopted son, Gine became kinda sad (similair to that of Trunks's personality)
- Gine replaces Dabura, who was mistakenly brought back to life due to Toei making him good
- Her personality was changed to a savage but caring for her children saiyan woman, this is because BH (and many other people) hated that saiyans are good without any reason (The same aplies to Tarble), also because according to DBS, saiyans love fesity women
- Despite being Bardock's wife, his clone chooses another woman to be his wife and not cloning Gine
- Just like her husband and nephew/adopted son, Gine spots a new outfit the next day, she wears a training bra, an bandana (just like her husband) and a skirt, in GT, she took more 90s style look, while still wearing an revealing outfit (which kinda pissed Hell fighter 18 off).