|Planet Cooler 143|
Planet Cooler 143
|Featured in||To Kill a God-Emperor|
The History of the Decline and Fall of the Planet Trade Organization
|Alternate Names||Planet Cooler 143|
|Parent star type||G-type main-sequence|
|Orbital period||832.9 d|
|Satellite names||Nyago, Ayanalaho, Jochari|
|Equatorial radius||5932.5 km|
|Polar radius||5912.7 km|
|Surface area||37.6% land|
|Equatorial surface gravity||100.0314 m/s2|
|Composition||74.22% nitrogen (N2)|
22.85% oxygen (O2)
0.18% water vapor (H2O)
0.03% carbon dioxide (CO2)
0.03% trace elements
|Sentient Species||Jolea, Planet Trade Organization members|
|Sentient species 1 population||1,275,395,996|
|Sentient species 2 population||31,851|
|Number of major cities||12|
|Technology level||Tier 2|
History[edit | edit source]
Atjoh was a moderately temperate planet filled with many oceans and island chains. Trees and rugged mountains dominated the surface of the planet, and the world was unusually sunny. Extreme climate was not common on Atjoh. Hurricanes and constant rains were about the only examples of such. When the Jolean species evolved on the planet, they built their first cities around sources of water or on top of the mountains. When an industrial revolution swept through the planet, the Joleans quickly covered the entire surface of Atjoh in technologically advanced societies. Soon, the Joleans became hyper-advanced, and they started building floating cities across their planet. There were several dozen of these floating masses, and each one was comprised of a mixture of metropolitan areas and natural features, such as lakes and parks. Most of the native Joleans migrated to these floating cities after they were created, leaving much of the surface empty and covered in the ruins of ancient and abandoned societies.
When Cooler annexed Atjoh, most of the fighting occurred in space, so the planet itself was not damaged by the conflict. Cooler set up numerous Planet Trade Organization outposts across the planet's moons and the planet's floating cities. Now connected to major intergalactic trade routes, Atjoh developed into the most important spice trading world in the universe shortly thereafter. Its spicemasters became famous throughout the universe for not only selling spices for fragrance and food seasoning, but the more lucrative and addictive strains of Nil. By Age 767, this had become one of the most significant economies in the empire.
Notable facts[edit | edit source]
- Lieme and Lenomi were both born on this planet. However, they were born in different cities: Nyaho for Lieme, and Isani for Lenomi.
- For some reason, the Maraenytiolian, Nepar, was wandering in space around Atjoh near the end of the Jolean space empire. When Cooler conquered the world, he found Nepar and took the alien as his pet.
- Atjoh's floating cities are considered one of the wonders of Cooler's empire. Many officials and governors visit the planet each year to behold them in person. Guva has been to Atjoh for this very reason.
- The floating cities have changed certain aspects of Atjoh's climate. Because the cities often float over oceans, water can no longer evaporate as well as it used to, and rain is less frequent than before the floating cities were constructed.
- In Age 744, Dekiru, an exiled Kai from Universe 9 brought Linessi to Atjoh to try some of the local tea. The Green Liani they tried had been imported from Loru Qir.
Population[edit | edit source]
- Atjoh's Jolean population:
- At height: 1,275,395,996.
- At lowest point: 785,493,372.
- Atjoh's Planet Trade Organization population:
- At height: 31,851.
- At lowest point: 0.
Status[edit | edit source]
Atjoh is still around.